Global Alagille Syndrome Market By Treatment (Medication, Surgery), Drugs (Ursodeoxycholic Acid, Cholestyramine, Rifampin, Naltrexone and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable), Diagnosis (Blood Test, Urinalysis and Others), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies and Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Alagille Syndrome Market
Global Alagille syndrome market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Presence of refined healthcare infrastructure and increase in special designation from the regulatory authorities are the key factors that drive the market
Market Definition: Global Alagille Syndrome Market
Alagille syndrome is a rare autosomal dominant genetic disorder that affects multiple organ system of the body most commonly in the liver, heart, skeleton, eyes and kidneys. It is associated with liver diseases, hepatomegaly, and biliary atresia and in severe cases liver transplantation may be necessary. Alagille syndrome is caused by either mutation in the JAG1 gene or deletion in genetic material on chromosome 20 that include the JAG1 gene. These proteins is necessary for Notch signaling between neighboring cells during embryonic development and error in genes results in abnormalities in the bile ducts, heart, spinal column, and certain facial features
According to the statistics published in the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, an estimated annual prevalence of Alagille syndrome worldwide is 1 in 70,000 newborns. Introduction of the drugs used to treat complication associated with Alagille syndrome and presence of refined healthcare infrastructure is fueling the growth of this market
- Increase in special designation from the regulatory authorities is drive the market
- Growing prevalence of cancer has boosted the development of the novel treatments can enhance the market growth
- Rise in number of patients suffering from paragangliomas and continuous advances in the treatment is propelling the market growth
- Huge financial support to the researchers for developing novel intervention is boosting the market growth
- Rise in cases of product recalls are expect to cause a shortfall in the market
- Limited operating revenue opportunities for research and development of targeted therapies by many pharmaceuticals is acting as a challenging factor for the growth of this market
- Lack of healthcare budget in some middle-income countries is restraining the market growth
Segmentation: Global Alagille Syndrome Market
- Liver Transplantation
- Kidney Surgery
- Ursodeoxycholic Acid
By Route of Administration
- Blood Test
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, Mirum Pharmaceuticals presented a phase II ICONIC clinical trial study data at The International Liver Congress 2019 for maralixibat for the treatment of Alagille syndrome. The trial has demonstrated the well tolerated dose with no serious adverse events as well as durable improvements in itch severity and serum bile acids in children with Alagille syndrome. If trial successful, it could became first approved treatment for patients suffering from Alagille syndrome.
- In October 2018, Albireo Pharma, Inc received an Orphan Drug designation from the FDA for A4250, an ileal bile acid transporter (IBAT) inhibitor for the treatment of Alagille syndrome. A4250 also hold the PRIority MEdicines (PRIME) designation and Orphan Drug designation from both the FDA and EMA for the treatment of progressive intrahepatic cholestasis (PFIC). With this designation, company can obtain regulatory and financial incentives for development along with 7 year market exclusivity.
Global Alagille syndrome market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global Alagille syndrome market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global Alagille syndrome market are Albireo Pharma, Inc, Mirum Pharmaceuticals, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Zydus Cadila, ALLERGAN, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc, ANI Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Mylan N.V., Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC, Epic Pharma, LLC, Lannett, Fresenius Kabi AG, Lannett, Novartis AG, Pfizer, Inc, Lupin, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Akorn, Incorporated and others.
Research Methodology: Global Alagille Syndrome Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global Alagille syndrome market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players