Global Antimicrobial Coatings for Medical Devices Market By Product (Antimicrobial Coatings, Hydrophilic Coatings, Drug-Eluting Coatings, Anti-Thrombogenic Coatings, Others), Device Type (Implantable Devices, Catheters, Surgical Instruments, Other Devices), Material (Metallic Coatings, Non-Metallic Coatings), Application (Orthopedics, General Surgery, Dentistry, Cardiovascular, Gynecology, Others), End-Users (Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, Ambulatory Surgical Centres), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East And Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026 – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Antimicrobial Coatings for Medical Devices Market
Global antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 15.5% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the expanding awareness about hospital-acquired infections, favorable research and funding environment and technological advancements in antimicrobial coatings.
Market Definition: Global Antimicrobial Coatings for Medical Devices Market
Antimicrobial coating is a process of applying a covering comprising antimicrobial agents such as biocides or silver nanoparticles. Antimicrobial coatings are principally used in medical devices with the aim to prevent the growth of microorganisms. The medical devices include which are undergoing the coatings procedure are catheters, surgical instruments, implantable devices, mandrels & molds, and elastomeric seals and others.
- Expanding Awareness About Hospital-Acquired Infections
- Favorable Research and Funding Environment
- Technological Advancements in Antimicrobial Coatings
- Increasing Emphasis on Hygiene
- Limitations of Silver Ion Coatings
- Growing Number of Free Trade Agreements
- Stringent Regulations and Norms by the Governmental Bodies
Segmentation: Global Antimicrobial Coatings for Medical Devices Market
- Antimicrobial Coatings
- Hydrophilic Coatings
- Drug-Eluting Coatings
- Anti-Thrombogenic Coatings
By Device Type
- Implantable Devices
- Surgical Instruments
- Other Devices
- Metallic Coatings
- Silver Coatings
- Copper Coatings
- Other Metallic Coatings
- Non-Metallic Coatings
- Polymeric Coatings
- Organic Coatings
- Other Non-Metallic Coatings
- General Surgery
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2016, Lucideon and King's College London have developed antimicrobial coatings specifically for mobile devices as mobile devices screen gather most germs. The antimicrobial coating will restrict the germs to adhere on the mobile screen and further can be used for medical devices after more research and development
- In February 2015, INM researchers developed an Antimicrobial and Abrasion-Resistant Coatings. The coatings have silver and copper colloids which can kill germs and simultaneously prevent establishment of germs.
Global antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Global antimicrobial coatings for medical devices for Global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market are AST Products, Inc., BASF SE, BioInteractions Ltd, Nippon Paint Co., Ltd., PPG Industries, Inc., BioCote Limited, Covalon Technologies Ltd., Koninklijke DSM N.V., The Sherwin-Williams Company, RPM International Inc., Hydromer.com, KRATON CORPORATION, Lonza, Troy Corporation, AkzoNobel N.V., Sono-Tek Corporation, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Microban International, Ltd., Diamond Vogel, Dow, Polyone Corporation, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., AK Coatings Inc., Sciessent LLC, Specialty Coating Systems, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Antimicrobial Coatings for Medical Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)