Global Blood Gas and Electrolyte Market By Product Type (Blood Gas Analyzers, Electrolyte Analyzers, Combined Analyzers, Consumables), Modality (Portable, Benchtop, Laboratory), End-User (Hospitals & Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Point-of-Care, Laboratory & Institute, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Blood Gas and Electrolyte Market
Global blood gas and electrolyte market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 6.63% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing investments undertaken by various manufacturers for the advancements in the market.
Market Definition: Global Blood Gas and Electrolyte Market
Blood gas is a particular group of diagnostic tests that is carried out to determine pH, amount of oxygen and carbon dioxide present in a sample of blood. The sample is extracted generally from the artery of patients to determine any disorders with the lung as it helps if there is any disorder. The imbalance associated with the blood also helps in determining any concerns with the kidney, respiratory functioning or the metabolic systems of a patient.
Electrolytes are an essential part of the functioning of the human body, they are generally found in the cells of humans, electrolyte testing involves the detection of sodium, potassium, chloride and bicarbonate.
- Increasing levels of patients under distress from chronic diseases is expected to positively drive the growth of the market
- Increasing number of patient admitted in hospitals, clinics, patient wards resulting in rise in demand for the product from these settings; this factor is expected to drive the market growth
- Advancements in the market leading to availability of point-of-care, portable devices is expected to drive the market growth
- Complications in understanding and determining the results of blood gas and electrolyte analysis is expected to restrain the market growth
- Usage of the analyzers by the unskilled professionals and technicians resulting in errors of the diagnostic results; this factor is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Blood Gas and Electrolyte Market
By Product Type
- Blood Gas Analyzers
- Electrolyte Analyzers
- Combined Analyzers
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Laboratory & Institute
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In November 2017, Siemens Healthcare Private Limited announced that they had completed the acquisition of Epocal from Abbott, for the improvement and expansion of blood analysis products and systems. The acquisition includes the products that provide blood gas analysis, electrolyte analysis and metabolite test results in as little as thirty seconds. This product portfolio will be integrated into Siemens’ POC Ecosystem for the expansion of capabilities available with Siemens.
- In February 2017, SENSACORE announced the launch of their blood gas analyzer, “ST-200 CC”. The product is completely automated microprocessor controlled ABG electrolyte system utilizing current direct measurement with ION selective electrode (ISE), Impedence (Hct) and Amperometry (pO2) technology for analyzing and evaluating ABG and electrolyte. The product is equipped with analyzing sodium, potassium, ionized calcium, lithium, pH, chloride, pCO2, pO2, Hct. Hb, HCO3, BE, BE-B, BE-ECF, TCO2, AG, AG(K), O2 Sat, O2 Ct and SBC from samples of blood, plasma, serum and urine.
Competitive Analysis: Global Blood Gas and Electrolyte Market
Global blood gas and electrolyte market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of blood gas and electrolyte market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Blood Gas and Electrolyte Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global blood gas and electrolyte market are Abbott; OPTI Medical; Siemens; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; Medica Corporation; Radiometer India; Nova Biomedical; Erba Diagnostics; SENSACORE; Instrumentation Laboratory Company; Samsung Medison Co., Ltd.; Accurex Biomedical Pvt. Ltd.; Cerner Corporation; Edan Instruments, Inc.; Bayer AG and Tecom Analytical Systems.
Research Methodology: Global Blood Gas and Electrolyte Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global blood gas and electrolyte market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)