Global Cheese Market By Source (Sheep Milk, Cow Milk, Goat Milk, Buffalo Milk), Type (Processed Cheese, Natural Cheese), Format (Slices, Diced/Cubes, Shredded, Blocks, Spreads, Liquid, Others), Product (Cheddar, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Feta, Roquefort, Others), Distribution Channel (Supermarkets, Hypermarkets, Food Specialty Stores, Convenience Stores, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Cheese Market
Global cheese market is expected to register a steady CAGR of 3.31% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. The growth of the market can be attributed to the rising westernization food consumption pattern along with the increasing urbanization.
Market Definition: Global Cheese Market
Cheese comprises 27% of protein, 33% of fat, 4% of minerals and 35% of water. It is a source of calcium as well as vitamins available in many several flavors which makes our teeth and bones strong. On the basis of production method the cheese is classified into soft cheese, hard cheese, semi-hard cheese, processed cheese and others. The price of cheese is anticipated to decrease, due to the increasing supply of fat solids.
- Rising demand for protein rich food will act as a driver for the market growth
- Increasing disposable income is driving the growth of the market
- Rising quick service restaurants (QSRs) in developing region also fuel the market in the forecast period
- The growth of the organized retail sector is boosting the market growth
- High rates of obesity among people will restrict the growth of the market in the forecast period
- Unhealthy ingredients and additives in processed cheese also hampers the market growth
- Cheese consists of saturated fat and sodium that causes several health issues which may hinder the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Cheese Market
- Sheep Milk
- Cow Milk
- Whole Milk
- Skimmed Milk
- Goat Milk
- Buffalo Milk
- Processed Cheese
- Spreadable Cheese
- Block Cheese
- Natural Cheese
- Hard Cheese
- Soft Cheese
By Distribution Channel
- Food Specialty Stores
- Convenience Stores
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, Friesland Campina had acquired Best Cheese Corporation USA to fulfill the customer’s requirements. This acquisition will help to expand and strengthen their cheese business across the globe
- In July 2018, Parag Milk Foods Ltd had introduced a product consisting taste of chocolate in the form of cheese called “Go Chocolate Cheese”. The company also offered the cheese with desi flavors such as spice, garlic as well as mint. With this launch the company will increase its product portfolio and profit margin in the market
Global cheese market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of cheese market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in global cheese market are Almarai, Gebrüder Woerle Ges.m.b.H, Saputo Inc., SARGENTO FOODS INC, Mondelēz International, Arla Foods amba, Fonterra Co-operative Group, SAVENCIA SA, The Kraft Heinz Company, BEL , Lactalis American Group, Inc., DAIRY FARMERS OF AMERICA, Emmi Group, Friesland Campina, Parag Milk Foods , Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Pvt. Ltd., Old Fashioned Cheese, Vindija d.d., Cady Cheese Factory, Hook's Cheese Co INC., Burnett Dairy, GCMMF, Bega and the Bega device and Bletsoe's Cheese Inc among others.
Research Methodology: Global Cheese Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Food and beverages industry experts, Research Laboratories, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global cheese market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)