Global Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Treatment Market By Type (Normal-transit constipation, Slow-transit constipation and Others), Therapy Type (Pharmacological Therapy, Non-pharmacological Therapy), Treatment Type (Medication, Surgery), Drugs (Serotonin-4 (5-Ht4) Receptor Agonist, Guanylate Cyclase-C Agonist, Laxatives, Stimulants and Others),Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies and Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Treatment Market
Global chronic idiopathic constipation treatment market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Emergence of drugs used to treat primary constipation and high demand of disease specific novel therapies are the key factors that fueling the market growth
Market Definition: Global Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Treatment Market
Chronic Idiopathic Constipation is also known as functional constipation is gastrointestinal disorders characterized by difficult, infrequent or incomplete passage of stool over a prolonged period of time.
According to the National Institutes of Health, an estimated annual prevalence of constipation is approximately 42 million people in the United States. Increase cases of constipation worldwide and accessibility of treatment is driving the market growth.
- Vulnerable geriatric population as they are highly prone to develop this condition is drive the market growth
- Easy accessibility of over-the-counter drugs for chronic idiopathic constipation is boosting the market growth
- Adoption of unhealthy lifestyle and lack of physical activity can also drive the market growth
- Recent launch of product and emerging new market is propelling g the market growth
- Availability of alternative treatments can expect to shortfall in the market
- Limited operating revenue opportunities for research and development of targeted therapies by many pharmaceuticals is acting as a challenging factor for the growth of this market
- Low healthcare budget in some developing countries is hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Treatment Market
- Normal-transit constipation
- Slow-transit constipation
By Therapy Type
- Pharmacological Therapy
- Non-pharmacological Therapy
By Treatment Type
- Prescription Drugs
- Over the Counter Drugs
- Laparoscopic Rectopexy
- Lateral internal sphincterotomy
- Dietary Fiber
- Serotonin-4 (5-Ht4) Receptor Agonist
- Guanylate Cyclase-C Agonist
- Sodium Picosulphate
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, Shire Plc a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited has received an approval for Motegrity (prucalopride), a serotonin-4 (5-HT4) receptor agonist for the treatment of Chronic Idiopathic Constipation (CIC) in adult patient. The approval of Motegrity represents the shifts from standard symptomatic therapies to novel disease specific treatment for patients suffering from this devastating condition
- In August 2018, Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc out-licensed the exclusive rights to develop and commercialize of Trulance (plecanatide) for the treatment of adults with chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC) and irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C) in mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau to Shandong Luoxin Pharmaceutical Group Stock co., ltd with an upfront payment of USD 12.00 million. The acquisition of Chinese commercialization and development rights will immensely enhance the availability of the novel treatment throughout the China.
Global chronic idiopathic constipation treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global chronic idiopathic constipation treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global chronic idiopathic constipation treatment market are ALLERGAN, Mallinckrodt plc, Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc, Shandong Luoxin Pharmaceutical Group Stock co., ltd, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Sanofi, Zydus Cadila, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd, Abbott, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Sanofi, Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Lupin, East West Pharma, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc Vibrant, Ferring B.V., Albireo Pharma, Inc., and others.
Research Methodology: Global Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global chronic idiopathic constipation treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players