Global Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Market By Therapy Type (ACE inhibitors, Angiotensin II receptors blockers, Calcium channel blockers, Beta blockers, Diuretics others, Global chronic kidney disease), Treatment (Medications, Kidney transplantation and Dialysis), End- users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Market
Global Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Market is expected to rise gradually to an estimated value of USD 19.02 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.5% in the forecast period of 2019-2026 with the annual sales of USD 13.38 billion in the year 2018. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing awareness and concerns regarding the health of patients.
Market Definition: Global Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Market
Chronic Kidney disease (CKD) is a serious condition identified by progressively loss of kidney function over a time. CKD is not only treatable but also a major contributing factor for death. CKD can be classified into five stages from mild stage 1 to complete kidney damage in stage 5. According to the WHO, Global Burden of Disease (GBD) 2015, it is estimated that more than 7.00 million patient with chronic kidney disease died without approaching any medication. This data shows lack of awareness and poor availability of intervention. Market Drivers
- Increase in prevalence rate of hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- Rising awareness about transplantation therapy and technological advancement is driving the growth of market.
- Increase in the rate of R&D initiatives is driving chronic kidney disease therapeutics market.
- High cost involved in the treatment.
- Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs is expected to restrain the growth if the market.
Segmentation: Global Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Market
By Therapy Type
- ACE inhibitors
- Angiotensin II receptors blockers
- Calcium channel blockers
- Beta blockers
- Kidney Transplantation
By route of administration
By End users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- On April 2019, FDA approved Keytruda a drug manufactured by Merck & Co., Inc. for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma in the therapy area of nephrology and oncology. The drug acted as immunomodulatory. It is specifically given in the combination of axitinib which is first line treatment of patient diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma.
- On April 2018, Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd got FDA approval for Jynarque in the therapy area of nephrology for the treatment of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. The drug is given in tablet form and it act as a selective vasopressin V2-receptor antagonist.
Competitive Analysis: Global Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Market
Global chronic kidney diseases market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Global chronic kidney diseases market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the Global chronic kidney diseases market are Pfizer Inc. (US), Amgen, Inc. (US), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Switzerland), Abbott Laboratories (US), Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (US), GlaxoSmithKline Plc (UK), Novartis AG (Switzerland), Sanofi S.A (France), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (Israel), Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA ( Germany), Kissei Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd ( Japan), AbbVie Inc (US), Allergan Plc ( Ireland) and few among others.
Research Methodology Global Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry. The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts. Primary Respondents Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others. Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others. Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of Global chronic kidney diseases market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)