Market Analysis: Global Drug Delivery Technology Market
The Global Drug Delivery Technology Market is expected to reach USD 7185.08 Billion by 2025, from USD 1268.82 Billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015 & 2016,, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Drug Delivery Technology Market
Drug delivery is associated with the formulations, processes, technologies, and systems. It acts as a transport for a pharmaceutical compound in the body of animals or humans in order to safely achieve its desired therapeutic effect like many immunizations are based on the delivery of protein drugs and are often carried out by injection. The increasing demand for effective delivery technique of biopharmaceuticals and the improvement in the ability and safety of a drug by controlling the drug release in the body are the factors influencing the growth in the market. According to WHO, around 70% of deaths occurred in low- and middle- income countries is due to cancer in the year 2015. The market is likely to continue to rule due to the widespread presence of various types of cancer. The Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited and Portal Instruments have collaborated to develop and commercialize Portal’s needle-free drug delivery device for potential use with Takeda’s investigational or approved biologic medicines.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Widespread presence of chronic diseases
- Growth in the demand of biologics market
- Advancements in technology
- Launch of new product
- Launch of new advanced technologies in emerging markets
- Self-administration & home care
- Risk of needle-stick injuries
- Side effects of drug
- Recalling of products.
Market Segmentation: Global Drug Delivery Technology Market
- The global drug delivery technology market is segmented on the basis of route of administration, facility of use and geography.
- Based on route of administration the market is segmented into oral drug delivery, pulmonary drug delivery, injectable drug delivery ocular drug delivery, nasal drug delivery, topical drug delivery implantable drug delivery and transmucosal drug delivery. The oral drug delivery is segmented into solid oral drugs, liquid oral drugs and semi-solid oral drugs. The solid oral drugs are sub segmented into tablets, capsules, powders and pills. The liquid oral drugs are sub segmented into solutions and syrups. The semi-solid oral drugs are further sub segmented into gels, emulsions and elixirs. The pulmonary drug delivery is segmented into formulations and devices. The devices are further sub segmented into metered dose inhalers, dry powder inhalers and nebulizers. The nebulizers are sub segmented into jet nebulizers, ultrasonic nebulizers and soft mist nebulizers. The injectable drug delivery is segmented into devices, self-injection devices and other injector devices. The conventional injection devices are sub segmented into material, glass, plastic, product and usability. The product is segmented into fillable syringes and prefilled syringes. The usability is segmented into reusable syringes and disposable syringes. The self-injection devices are sub segmented into needle-free injectors, autoinjectors, pen injectors and wearable injectors. The formulations are divided into conventional drug delivery, novel drug delivery formulations and long-acting injection formulations. The ocular drug delivery is sub segmented into formulations and ocular devices. The formulations are further sub divided into liquid formulations and semi-solid formulations. The liquid formulations are divided into eye drops and liquid sprays. The semi-solid formulations consist of gels and eye ointments. The ocular devices consist of drug-coated contact lenses and ocular inserts.
- The nasal drug delivery is sub segmented into nasal drops, nasal sprays, nasal powders and nasal gels. Under topical drug delivery it is segmented into formulations and devices (transdermal drug delivery). The formulations liquid is sub- segmented into topical drug delivery, semi-solid topical drug delivery and solid topical drug delivery. The liquid topical drug delivery is again sub segmented into solutions and suspensions. The semi-solid topical drug delivery is sub-segmented into creams, gels, ointments, pastes and lotions. The solid topical drug delivery is segmented into suppositories and powders. The devices are sub-segmented into transdermal patches and transdermal gels.
- Implantable drug delivery is sub-segmented into active implantable drug delivery and passive implantable drug delivery. The transmucosal drug delivery is sub-segmented into oral transmucosal drug delivery and other transmucosal drug delivery. The oral transmucosal drug delivery is further sub-segmented into buccal drug delivery and sublingual drug delivery whereas the other transmucosal drug delivery is further sub-segmented into rectal transmucosal drug delivery and vaginal transmucosal drug delivery.
- based on the facility of use, the global drug delivery technology market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers/clinics, home care settings, diagnostic centers and other facilities of use.
- Based on geography the global drug delivery technology market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others
Competitive Analysis: Global Drug Delivery Technology Market
The global drug delivery technology market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of drug delivery technology market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market competitors/players: Global Drug Delivery Technology Market
Some of the major players operating in the market are Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc, Novartis AG, 3M, BD, Becton, Dickinson and Company, GSK group of companies, Sanofi, Antares Pharma, Generex Biotechnology Corp., EyePoint Pharmaceuticals, Alkermes, Aradigm Corporation., Vectura Group plc, NanoPass, Baxter, AstraZeneca, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited among others.
Research Methodology: Global Drug Delivery Technology Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others