Global Edible Films and Coatings Market, By Ingredient Type (Lipids, Polysaccharides, Proteins, Composite Films, Surfactants), By Application (Dairy Products, Nutritional Products, Bakery & Confectionary, Fruits & Vegetables, Meat, Poultry & Fish, Others), By End User (Food And Beverages, Pharmaceuticals), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Edible Films and Coatings Market
The global edible films and coatings market is expected to reach USD 1355.2 Million by 2025, from USD 745.1 Million in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Edible Films and Coatings Market
This market report defines the market trends and forecast the upcoming opportunities and threats of edible films and coatings market in the next 8 years. Edible films and coatings play an essential role in the quality, safety, transportation and storage of a wide range of fresh and processed foods. Edible films and coatings, prevents moisture loss and maintain quality, prevent spoilage and microbial contamination of foods. These polymers are made up of various materials such as lipids, polysaccharides, proteins, composites, and surfactants, which are considered safe for human consumption. The regulatory requirements associated with edible packaging are high in various regions. Edible films are distinguished from coatings by their method of manufacture and application to the food product. Edible Films are dried preformed thin material that is used on or between layers of food components. Polysaccharides, proteins, and lipids are the three main polymeric ingredients used to produce edible films. Edible packaging plays a key role in minimizing packaging material wastage from and thus reducing carbon food print in the food sector. Packaging manufacturers and retailers have a key role in making valuable contribution to resolve these problems. Films and coatings that are used in edible packaging are helping manufacturers reduce wastage of raw material. This is expected to be a major driving factor for food packaging manufacturers by increasing sales and also boost existing revenue generation of edible films and coatings
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing shelf life of products and safety issues.
- Rising consumption of convenient food.
- Government initiatives to reduce the carbon foot print in the food sector.
- Use of edible films and coatings as additives.
- Lack of local manufacturers.
- High value of import of edible films and coatings.
- Higher cost associated with edible packaging than recycling solutions.
Market Segmentation: Global Edible Films and Coatings Market
- The global edible films and coatings market is segmented based on ingredient type, application and end user.
- On the basis of ingredient type global edible films and coatings market is segmented into lipids, polysaccharides, proteins, composite films, surfactants.
- On the basis of application global edible films and coatings market is segmented into dairy products, nutritional products, bakery & confectionary, fruits & vegetables, meat, poultry & fish, others.
- On the basis of end user global edible films and coatings market is segmented into food and beverages, pharmaceuticals.
- Based on geography the global edible films and coatings market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others. In 2017, North America is expected to dominate the market.
Competitive Analysis: Global Edible Films and Coatings Market
The global edible films and coatings market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global edible films and coatings market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Edible Films and Coatings Market
Some of the major players operating in the global edible films and coatings market are WikiCell Designs, Inc., MONOSOL LLC, Tate & Lyle, JRF Technology, LLC, SAFETRACES, Inc., BLUWRAP, SKIPPING ROCKS LAB, TIPA CORP, Watson Inc., Devro, Takikawa Oblate Corp., Ltd., Proinec, Mantrose-Haeuser Co., Inc., W Hydrocolloids, Inc., FDL, CP Kelco, FMC Corporation, NAGASE & CO., LTD., Cargill, Incorporated ,DSM, The INGREDION, Ashland , Kerry Group among others.
Research Methodology: Global Edible Films and Coatings Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.