Market Analysis: Global Fabric Softener and Conditioners Market
Global fabric softener and conditioners market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 24.76 billion by 2026, registering a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the frequent launches that are a result of innovations in the market.
Market Definition: Global Fabric Softener and Conditioners Market
Fabric softeners & conditioners are specialised consumer goods that are chemically produced for laundry purposes. They are either manufactured with natural/organic materials or through conventional means, i.e. chemically/synthetically. These products are generally used to soften the fabric after the detergents have washed the clothes, retaining the softness of the fabric and renewing the fragrance. They promote the natural fabric’s smoothness and renew their age making them more sustainable for usage in longer period of time.
- Benefits associated with the usage of products such as wrinkle-free clothes, enhanced sustainable color & fragrance, better softness and overall comfort to the wearer of clothes; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increase in the number of women population employed in the working environment resulting in rise of demand for better laundry products and systems; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Lack of usage of these products from the millennial population globally; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Concerns regarding the effects of these products on the environment and water bodies; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Fabric Softener and Conditioners Market
By Product Type
- Fabric Softener
- Dryer Bars
- Fabric Conditioners
- Rinse Cycle Fabric Softeners (RCFS)
- Dryer Sheets
- Laundry Services
- Textile Industry
- Hospitality Industry
By Distribution Channel
- Store-Based Retail
- Exclusive Brand Outlets
- Multi-Brand Outlets
- Non-Store Retail
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2018, Unilever announced that they had completed the acquisition of Quala’s beauty & personal care and home care product brands. This acquisition further expands the brands and products available to Unilever also expanding their presence in providing consumer goods globally.
- In September 2016, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA announced that they had completed the acquisition of The Sun Products Corporation which will help to promote the standing of Henkel in laundry products for the North American region. They will also be able to expand their laundry-based brands and products.
Competitive Analysis: Global Fabric Softener and Conditioners Market
Global fabric softener and conditioners market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of fabric softener and conditioners market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Fabric Softener and Conditioners Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global fabric softener and conditioners market are Reckitt Benckiser Group plc; Henkel AG & Co. KGaA; LG Household & Health Care Ltd.; Procter & Gamble; Dropps; Colgate-Palmolive Company; Marico; Kao Corporation; The Clorox Company; Unilever; Seventh Generation, Inc.; Lion Corporation; Ecover; Godrej Consumer Products Limited; AlEn USA; S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc.; Norfil; Church & Dwight Co., Inc.; Melaleuca Inc. and Pigeon Home Products Corporation.
Research Methodology: Global Fabric Softener and Conditioners Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure