Global Fermentation Ingredients Market By Type (Alcohol, Amino Acids, Organic Acids, Industrial Enzymes, Antibiotics, Polymer (Polysacchrides/Xanthan),Vitamins, Biogas, Others), Feedstock (Wheat, Corn, Sugar Beet, Others), Application (Food & Beverages, Feed, Pharmaceuticals, Agriculture, Personal Care, Paper, Biofuel Textile & Leather), Form (Dry, Liquid), Process (Batch Fermentation, Continuous Fermentation, Aerobic Fermentation, Anaerobic Fermentation), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Fermentation Ingredients Market
Global Fermentation Ingredients Market is valued at an estimated USD 25.29 billion in 2018, and this value is projected to rise to USD 52.27 billion by 2026, undergoing growth with a CAGR of 9.5% in the forecast period of 2019-2026.The rise in market value can be attributed to the increase in awareness regarding food preservation and increased applicability of fermented ingredients in various industries including food & beverage, healthcare, personal care etc.
Market Definition: Global Fermentation Ingredients Market
Fermentation is the process of breaking down substances/compounds with the help of bacteria, yeast and other microorganisms. It is applied in a number of food & beverages products to add flavour, change their form, increase their shelf life and to improve their quality. Fermented food is easier to digest, and contains high nutritional value. Fermentation ingredients are used extensively in the food and beverages as well as the pharmaceuticals industry. It is known to be utilized for the production of antibiotics, solvents such as ethanol, probiotics such as yoghurt etc. Alcoholic products such as beer and wine are fermented using grains and fruits. Lactic acid and ethanol are the healthiest products of fermentation. Polymer is extensively used for thickening of food and in oil drilling. Several types of enzymes are used in bio-refineries.
- Rise of the global bioethanol industry is affecting the growth of fermented ingredients mainly due to the increased application in the feed industry
- Growing awareness about preservation of food is playing a significant part in driving the market and the rising demand for products with long shelf life
- The rising demand for health foods and the increased awareness of the health benefits derived from such products fosters the growth of this market
- Increased demand for fermented ingredients in the pharma industry and the rising demand for antibiotics
- The rising demand of industrial enzymes, their increased application in end user industries
- Absence of quality raw materials.
- The possible health risks arising due to the fermentation process.
Segmentation: Global Fermentation Ingredients Market
- Amino Acids
- Organic Acids
- Industrial Enzymes
- Polymer (Polysacchrides/Xanthan)
- Sugar Beet
- Food & Beverages
- Brewery & Distilling
- Dairy Products
- Personal Care
- Textile & Leather
- Batch Fermentation
- Continuous Fermentation
- Aerobic Fermentation
- Anaerobic Fermentation
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, DuPont announced that they had completed the construction of the world’s largest probiotics fermentation unit. With this unit, DuPont would be able to meet the increased demand for probiotics as there is a rising health consciousness amongst consumers. This unit has all the advanced technologies, which would help develop new and innovative products. This would lead to a sustainable growth of the organization in the market.
- In November 2018, Lessafre has acquired Gnosis, a company involved in the development, production and distribution of fermented ingredients for the nutritional and food industry. This would lead to the development of a varied of products and services to its nutritional ingredients and human health customers, broadening its product portfolio and would foster its growth in the fast-growing environment.
Competitive Analysis: Global Fermentation Ingredients Market
Global fermentation ingredients market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of fermentation ingredients market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Fermentation Ingredients Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the fermentation ingredients market are ingredients market are Cargill, Incorporated, Vedan International (Holdings) Limited., AJINOMOTO CO.,INC, AB Enzymes, DuPont., Archer Daniels Midland Company, Döhler, Novozymes, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Evonik Industries AG, Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG, BASF SE., Lallemand Inc., Lonza., AngelYeast Co., Ltd., Koninklijke DSM N.V. and Olon S.p.A., Amano Enzyme Inc., BÜCHI Labortechnik AG, Purolite., BIOMAR Microbial Technologies and Dyadic International Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Fermentation Ingredients Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure