Global Glycomics Market By Product (Enzymes, Instruments, Kits, and Reagents), Application (Diagnostics, Drug Discovery & Development, Oncology, Immunology, Other Applications), End- User (Academic Research Institutes, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Contract Research Organizations), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Glycomics Market
Global glycomics market is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 13.45% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Rising demand for personalized medicines and increasing proteomics and biomedical research are the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Glycomics Market
Glycomics is the complete study of structure and function of the glycans of a given cell or organism. Oncology, immunology, diagnostics, drug discovery and others are some of the common applications of the glycomics. Matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry, mass spectrometry and high-performance liquid chromatography are some of the common technique which are used in glycomics. Glycans are very useful for biological research as it help to understand the biology more conveniently. Growing proteomics market is the factor fueling the growth of this market.
- Growing proteomics market is driving the growth of the market
- Technological advancement and development in glycomics instrumentation will also propel this market
- Growing R&D investment by pharmaceutical & biotechnology and research institute will also contribute as a factor for the growth of the market
- Rising demand for personalized medicine and commercialization of pharmaceutical & biotechnology research will drive market growth
- Increasing merger is restricting the entry of new players which is hindering the growth
- Long approval processes will also act as a factor restraining growth
- Lack of awareness among professional about the importance of glycomics will also hamper the market
Segmentation: Global Glycomics Market
- Other Glycomics Enzymes
- Antibody Arrays
- Lectin Arrays
- Mass Spectrometers
- Other Glycomics Instruments
- Glycan Labeling Kits
- Glycan Purification Kits
- Glycan Release Kits
- Other Glycomics Kits
- Other Reagents
- Drug Discovery & Development
- Other Applications
By End- User
- Academic Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2018, Shimadzu and PREMIER Biosoft announced the launch of their Shimadzu's LCMS-9030 Quadrupole Time of Flight (Q-TOF) mass spectrometry (MS) system which was powered by PREMIER Biosoft's software which is specially designed for glycomics and lipidomics data analysis. By combing the Shimadzu's high-resolution accurate-mass quadrupole time-of-flight LCMS-9030 with PREMIER Biosoft's SimLipid and SimGlycan software solutions now scientist can easily identify the glycans and lipids from difficult biological mixtures.
- In November 2016, ProZyme, Inc., announced the launch of their Gly-Q Glycan Analysis System which is a platform specially designed for user-friendly glycoanalysis. This will help the biopharma companies to determine the glycan profiles of their samples faster and will also decrease the overall cost. This new system is also combined with the small capillary gel electrophoresis (CGE) instrument which can be used to simplify the glycan data analysis.
Global glycomics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of glycomics market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global glycomics market are Merck KGaA, Shimadzu Corporation, Bruker, ProZyme, WATERS, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., New England Biolabs, Asparia Glycomics, Vector Laboratories, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, glyconet Berlin Brandenburg eV, University of Georgia, GlySign, Canadian Glycomics Network, GlycoDisplay., RayBiotech, Inc., Glycodiag, LABORATORIOS FARMACEUTICOS ROVI SA, Glyco Expression Technologies, Inc. and others
Research Methodology: Global Glycomics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global glycomics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)