Global Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Market By Therapeutics (Intravenous Immunoglobulin, Plasma Exchange, Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Parenteral), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Other), Type (Acute Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy, Miller Fisher Syndrome, Acute Motor Axonal Neuropathy, Others), Diagnosis (Lumbar Puncture, Electromyography, Nerve Conduction, Others), Treatment (Plasmapheresis, Medication, Physical Therapy, Hydrotherapy), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Market
Global guillain-barré syndrome (GBS) market is set to witness substantial CAGR of 5.2% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Rising healthcare expenditure and increasing cases of GBS are the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Market
GBS or guillain-barré syndrome is a condition when the immune system of the body starts attacking the body’s nerves. This disease can cause numbness, weakness and tingling and in some cases can cause paralysis. Some of the common types of the GBS are miller fisher syndrome, acute inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy and acute motor axonal neuropathy. This situation cannot be cured but there is some treatments which can reduce the duration of the illness. Some of the treatments are medication, physical therapy, hydrotherapy, medications and others.
- Technological advancement and development in healthcare industry will accelerate the market growth
- Rising support and funding from government will also drive the growth of this market
- Increasing approvals of immunoglobulins from regulatory bodies will also enhance the growth of this market
- Rising usage of IVIG in off-label indications is another factor contributing as a factor as the market growth
- Lack of awareness about disease will restrain the market growth
- Unavailability of any proper treatment will also hinder the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Market
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin
- Plasma Exchange
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Acute Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy
- Miller Fisher Syndrome
- Acute Motor Axonal Neuropathy
- Lumbar Puncture
- Nerve Conduction
- Physical Therapy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Development in the Market:
- In April 2019, Hansa Biopharma AB announced that they have received Clinical Trial Application and Ethics Committee approvals in Europe for their Phase 2 study of imlifidase in Guillain Barré Syndrome (GBS).This new IgG degrading enzyme, imlifidase, has ability in different acute autoimmune diseases, including Guillain Barré Syndrome
Global guillain-barré syndrome (GBS) market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of guillain-barré syndrome (GBS) market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global guillain-barré syndrome (GBS) market are Grifols, S.A., CSL, Octapharma, Akari Therapeutics, Kedrion S.p.A., Hansa Biopharma AB among others.
Research Methodology: Global Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global guillain-barré syndrome (GBS) market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)