Global Influenza Drug Market By Type (Influenza A viruses, Influenza B viruses, Influenza C virus, Influenza D viruses), Mechanism of Action Type (Cap-dependent endonuclease inhibitor, Neuraminidase inhibitor, Matrix-2 (M2) protein inhibitor, Viral uncoating inhibitors, Immunomodulators, Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, Alpha-adrenergic receptors agonist, N-Methyl-D-aspartate receptor inhibitor), Vaccine Type (Quadrivalent, Trivalent, Anflu and Other), Treatment Type( Medication, Chemoprophylaxis and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Intradermal, Intramuscular, Intranasal, Intravenous and Others ), End- users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Influenza Drug Market
Global influenza drug market to grow with a steady CAGR of 2.1% and is estimated to reach USD 2.05 billion by 2026. Increasing prevalence of Influenza disease, vulnerable aging population, accelerating demand of clinical treatment and novel therapies indicates the significant growth of market.
Market Definition: Global Influenza Drug Market
Influenza (the flu) is a contagious viral infection disease that affect mainly upper respiratory system more specifically nose, throat and lungs. It can cause mild to severe illness and can be fatal. People who have weakened immune system due to drugs or other illness and people who are 65 or older are at high risk of influenza infection. The patients may experience high fever, chills, sweat, cough, nasal congestion and sore throat.
According to the stats published in Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it was estimated that there were 48.8 million patients affected with influenza; of which 959,000 were hospitalized and 79,400 deaths attributed to influenza viruses. The highest rate of mortality observed in patients aged 65 year or older, account for around 68,448 during the 2017–2018 in the United States. Increasing prevalence of Influenza disease and accelerating demand of clinical treatment and novel therapies indicates the significant growth of market.
- Increasing prevalence of Influenza disease worldwide
- Accelerating demand of treatment and novel therapies
- Rising awareness about treatment and technological advancement is driving the growth of market
- Effective treatment is either unavailable or unaffordable
- Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs is expected to restrain the growth if the market
- Insufficient awareness about influenza treatment in some developing countries
Segmentation: Global Influenza Drug Market
- Influenza A viruses
- Influenza B viruses
- Influenza C virus
By Treatment Type
By Mechanism of Action Type
- Cap-dependent endonuclease inhibitor
- Neuraminidase inhibitor
- Laninamivir octanoate
- Matrix-2 (M2) protein inhibitor
- Viral uncoating inhibitors
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- Alpha-adrenergic receptors agonist
- N-Methyl-D-aspartate receptor inhibitor
By Vaccine Type
By Route of administration
By End users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, Shionogi Inc. filed supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) to the US FDA for Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil), a novel cap-dependent endonuclease in the polymerase acidic (PA) protein inhibitor for the treatment of influenza in patient of age 12 years or older
- In January 2019, Seqirus a subsidiary of CSL Limited, received the European Commission approval for Flucelvax, a quadrivalent influenza vaccine (QIVc) for the treatment of influenza for patient of age 9 years or above
Competitive Analysis: Global Influenza Drug Market
Global influenza drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of influenza drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players: Global Influenza Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the Influenza market are ADMA Biologics, Inc., Shionogi Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Cipla Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Novartis AG, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Sanofi, AstraZeneca, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Biondvax, BioDiem, FluGen, Inc., Altimmune, Inc., Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc., CSL Limited, Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited and among others.
Research Methodology: Global Influenza Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global influenza drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players