Global Hemostatic Wound Dressing Market By Type (Thrombin based Hemostats, Gelatin Hemostats, Combination Hemostats, Collagen based Hemostats, Oxidized Regenerated Cellulose Hemostats), Application (Trauma, Cardiovascular Surgery, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurosurgery), End-User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Tactical Combat Casualty Care Centers), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Hemostatic Wound Dressing Market
Global hemostatic wound dressing market is set to witness a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Technological advancement in healthcare industry and increasing product approvals are the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Hemostatic Wound Dressing Market
Hemostatic dressing is a wound dressing which consist of an agent that has the ability to promote blood clotting. These agents have the ability to absorb the water in the blood and increase the clotting capabilities while activating the platelets. There are different types of hemostatic dressing such as gelatin hemostat, combination hemostats, thrombin based hemostats and others. These are widely used in applications such as general surgery, orthopedic surgery, cardiovascular surgery, plastic surgery and others.
- Rising aging population will drive the market growth
- Increasing adoption of hemostatic agents will also accelerate the growth of this market
- Growing surgical procedures will also enhance the market growth
- Increasing R&D activities initiated by government will also drive the growth of this market
- Using hemostatic wound dressing can cause heat inflammation, redness, and irritation on skin; this factor can restrain the market growth
- Rising usage of surgical staples will restrict the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Hemostatic Wound Dressing Market
- Thrombin based Hemostats
- Gelatin Hemostats
- Combination Hemostats
- Collagen based Hemostats
- Oxidized Regenerated Cellulose Hemostats
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2018, Axio announced that they have received US FDA clearance for their hemostatic dressing – Axiostat. This specially designed for comfort and faster healing to the patients suffering from chronic wound, such as diabetic foot ulcers, skin abrasions, and others. This new solution has the ability to stop bleeding in just two to three minutes after its application
- In May 2014, Z Medica announced they are going to acquire Novacol a Class III resorbable hemostatic product from TAUREON. The main aim of the acquisition is to expand the product reach in the different country and strengthen their position. This will also help the company to enhance their portfolio and provide more effective and safe products to the healthcare industry
Global hemostatic wound dressing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of hemostatic wound dressing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the hemostatic wound dressing market are Baxter, Stryker, CryoLife, BD, Medical Devices Business Services, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Medtronic, Axio Biosolutions Pvt Ltd, Aesculap, Inc., chitotech, ARGON MEDICAL, Tricol Biomedical, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, SAMYANG BIOPHARMACEUTICALS CORPORATION, SAM Medical, CuraMedical B.V., Z-Medica, LLC, and others
Research Methodology: Global Hemostatic Wound Dressing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global hemostatic wound dressing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)