Global Integrated Passive Device Market, By Base (Silicon, Non-Silicon), By Product (Baluns and Couplers, Harmonic Filters, Diplex), By Type (ESD, EMI, RF-IPD), By Application (EMI/RFI Filtering, LED Lighting, Data Converters), By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East & Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Integrated Passive Device Market
The global integrated passive device market accounted for USD 735.2 million in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.2% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Integrated Passive Device Market
An emerging trend for the small, light-weight devices is boosting the demand for integrated passive devices (IPDs). These integrated passive devices are widely applicable in EMI/RFI filtering, LED lighting and data converters. IPD, such as RF devices, facilitate efficient wireless communication and prevent loss of network signals. They are utilized in several applications including digital & mixed signals, RF transceivers, power amplifiers, MEMS, digital processors, and power management units. The application of this technology in digital and mixed signals is limited but significant. The commercialization of IPDs is a subject to its potential to comply with electrical performance and density requirements of conventional DC-DC converter modules and high-performance silicon digital interposer substrates. Additionally, custom-designed IPDs have applications in specialty and niche technologies such as GPS tracking and cellular encryption. The key industry players are emphasizing on introducing convenient technologies in the field of integrated passive devices. For instance, Murata acquired IPDiA, a leading company in high performance silicon capacitors.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Rising demand for integrated passive device in consumer durables
- Usage of integrated passive device in RF application
- Increased need for handheld wireless devices
- High cost involved in integrated passive device
- Needs longer product life cycle for RF tuning of integrated passive device
Market Segmentation: Global Integrated Passive Device Market
- The integrated passive device market is based on base, product, type, application and geography.
- Based on base the market is segmented into silicon and non-silicon.
- On the basis of product the market is segmented into baluns and couplers, harmonic filters, diplexer and others.
- On the basis of type the market is segmented into ESD, EMI, RF-IPD and others.
- On the basis of application the market is segmented into EMI/RFI filtering, LED lighting and data converters.
- Based on geography the global integrated passive device market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Landscape: Global Integrated Passive Device Market
The global integrated passive device market is consolidated due to the presence of limited number of players concentrated in few countries. These major players have adopted various organic as well as inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, and others to strengthen their position in this market.
Major Market Competitors: Global Integrated Passive Device Market
Some of the major players in the market are STATS ChipPAC Pte. Ltd., ON Semiconductor, Infineon Technologies AG, Texas Instruments Incorporated, STMicroelectronics, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Johanson Technology, Inc., OnChip Devices, Inc., Global Communication Semiconductors, LLC, 3DiS Technologies, AFSC, Qorvo, Inc, NXP Semiconductors, Broadcom, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited, MACOM, CTS Corporation among others.
Research Methodology: Global Integrated Passive Device Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.