Iron-Deficiency Anemia Therapy Market, By Therapy (Parenteral Iron Therapy and Oral Iron Therapy), Therapy Areas (Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Renal, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), Oncology and Others) Population (Adults, Pediatric and Geriatric), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Italy, Spain and rest of Europe, Japan, China, Australia and South Korea, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of South America, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of South America), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027.
Market Analysis and Insights : Global Iron-Deficiency Anemia Therapy Market
Iron-deficiency anemia therapy market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 16.4% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 8,079.89 million by 2027. Growing prevalence of iron deficiency anemia and launch of the novel therapies is a driving factor for the market growth.
Iron deficiency anemia is a common type of anemia that occurs when there is not enough iron in the body. Excessive iron deficiency anemia can cause tiredness, fatigue, difficulty breathing or upper body discomfort. Treatment can be determined by the basis and severity of the disorder.
More than fifty percent of females of childbearing age in India suffer from anemia. Anemia is associated with an increased risk of maternal deaths, premature birth, and increased fatigue, which affects the efficiency of women's work. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommended daily oral administration of folic acid (IFA) and iron during pregnancy, and weekly administration of supplementation for women of childbearing age. For more than four decades, government programs and global donors have distributed and promoted IFA supplements in India and in many other countries that are taken globally to protect women from diseases such as iron deficiency anemia.
The Government of Sierra Leone (Africa), with support from the Strengthening Partnership Results and Innovations in Nutrition Globally (SPRING), worked on a broad strategy to tackle anemia with different national sectors to build multi-sectoral programs 2014-2015 at the national level, the main objective of the program began SPRING closely with the government of the Kyrgyz Republic, Ghana, Nepal and Uganda alongside Sierra Leone.
The increasing prevalence of anemia among different groups of society, including infants, adolescents and pregnant women, has become the global problem that leads to various awareness-raising programs and movements launched by the government to reduce the prevalence of anemia among its population. Thus, the tendency towards social health care over women's health in terms of anemia is the driving factor for the growth of the iron deficiency anemia treatment market in the world.
This iron-deficiency anemia therapy market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Global Iron-Deficiency Anemia Therapy Market Scope and Market Size
Global iron-deficiency anemia therapy market is segmented on the basis of basis of therapy, therapy areas, and population. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of therapy, the market is segmented into oral iron therapy and parenteral iron therapy. In 2020, The Iron oral therapy sector maintains a significant market share and will also grow at a higher rate during the forecasted period as oral treatment is generally preferred for iron deficiency treatment and parental iron treatment is usually given to patients who cannot absorb iron orally or are Diagnosis of increased anemia even after adequate intake of iron supplements orally. For this reason the oral iron therapy segment dominates the iron deficiency anemia market. Many iron intravenous iron supplements are approved by the FDA, which is expected to be launched and marketed in the future. For this reason, intravenous iron treatment is expected to grow at a higher rate.
- On the basis of therapy areas, the market is segmented into inflammatory bowel disease, congestive heart failure (CHF), oncology, obstetrics and gynecology, renal and others. In 2020, inflammatory bowel sector maintains a significant market share and will also grow at a higher rate during the forecasted period of the global market for the treatment of iron-deficiency anemia, with a third of IBD patients suffering from persistent anemia. Anemia is a common manifestation of IBD and is often overlooked as complications. Iron deficiency anemia (IDA) is most common in IBD patients, which is due to chronic blood loss and poor iron absorption due to tissue inflammation.
- On the basis of population, the market is segmented into geriatric, adults and pediatric. In 2020, Adult segments gain prominence in the global iron deficiency anemia therapy market due to pre-natal period and due to the reduction of body to menstrual fluid.
Iron-Deficiency Anemia Therapy Market Country Level Analysis
Iron-deficiency anemia therapy market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, basis of therapy, therapy areas, and population as referenced above.
The countries covered in iron-deficiency anemia therapy market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Germany, U.K., France, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe in Europe, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia in the Asia-Pacific, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America in the South Africa, Rest of World.
- In North America, the U.S, iron-deficiency anemia therapy has quality health care system and the prevalence of anemia is an important indicator of health and remains a problem in the U.S. health. In Germany, European market is dominating due to the quality and management of health care system, rising concerns and increasing research and development activities of anemia drugs among researchers. North America dominates the iron-deficiency anemia therapy market as in. Japan is leading the growth of the Asia-Pacific market due to health infrastructure, improvement of insurance payers, economic growth, expansion and development of the private health sector and raise awareness among people.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Incidences of Iron Deficiency Anemia
Iron-deficiency anemia therapy market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in iron-deficiency anemia therapy and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the iron-deficiency anemia therapy market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Iron-Deficiency Anemia Therapy Market Share Analysis
Iron-deficiency anemia therapy market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to global iron-deficiency anemia therapy market.
The major players covered in the report are ViforPharma Ltd., AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Fresenius SE & CO. KGAA, Sanofi, Novartis AG, ABBVIE INC., Akebia Therapeutics, INC., CHO-A Pharmaceutical CO., LTD., Lupin, Orion Corporation, Pharmacosmos A/S, Shield Therapeutics, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries LTD., Zydus Cadila, Advanz Pharmaceutical, Rockwell Medical, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Alkem Labs, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Avion Pharmaceuticals, LLC, company among other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of iron-deficiency anemia therapy market.
- In April 2019, Akebia Therapeutics, Inc. About the licensing agreement with Vifor Pharma in which companies have revised the terms of their licensing agreement to sell vadadustat in the United States to hemodialysis clinics in Fresenius Medical Care in North America, subject to the approval of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This was reported by Akebia Therapeutics, Inc. To expand its market. The expanded license creates an opportunity to supply vadadustat with up to 60% of U.S. dialysis patients, after FDA approval.
- In January 2019, PHARMACOSMOS A / S announced its approval of Monoferri in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of iron-deficiency anemia (IDA). This new FDA approval will help to expand PHARMACOSMOS A/S product portfolio and thus increase its market credibility.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for iron-deficiency anemia therapy through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Global Iron-Deficiency Anemia Therapy Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.