Global Metal Packaging Market, By Type (Cans, Tins & Boxes, Caps & Closures, Foils, Barrels & Drums, Others), Material (Steel, Aluminum), Industry Verticals (Food, Beverages, Healthcare & Medical, Consumer Goods, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Metal Packaging Market
Global metal packaging market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 117.16 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 162.21 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.15% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the repeatability in recycling of metal products, and increased consumption of packaged food and beverage products.
Market Definition: Global Metal Packaging Market
Metal packaging can be defined as a packaging method that uses steel, aluminum or other metal packaging materials for the protection and transportation of the contents. This packaging method is versatile and extends the life of the contents as it is a sturdy and durable packaging method. Increased amount of consumption of packed food and beverages is expected to be a driving factor for the market growth as it keeps the contents fresh for longer.
- Increased levels of consumption of packaged and convenience foods increasing the demand for food packaging is expected to be a driving factor for the market growth
- Recycling attributes of metals and increased protection and safety of products is expected to be a driving factor for the market growth
- Increasing demand and adoption of plastic packaging methods is expected to be a major factor restraining the market growth
- Chemical coatings applied on the inside of the cans and beverages for anti-corrosion, and enhancement of strength of the material are deemed harmful if consumed in large quantities, this factor is also expected to be a major factor restraining the market growth
Segmentation: Global Metal Packaging Market
- By Type
- Tins & Boxes
- Caps & Closures
- Barrels & Drums
- By Material
- By Industry Verticals
- Healthcare & Medical
- Consumer Goods
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2018, BALL CORPORATION announced that they will build a beverage can manufacturing plant in Paraguay, and also enhance its production capacity in its Argentina facility. The expansion and investment is expected to meet the growing demand of the beverages and can packaging market in the various countries in the region.
- In June 2016, BALL CORPORATION announced that they had completed the acquisition of Rexam Corporation. With this acquisition, BALL is expected to be a major market leader for cans and metal packaging products.
Competitive Analysis: Global Metal Packaging Market
Global metal packaging market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of metal packaging market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Metal Packaging Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the metal packaging market are Alcoa Corporation, Amcor Limited, Ardagh Group S.A., BALL CORPORATION, Crown, BWAY Corporation, Greif, CPMC Holdings Limited, Silgan Holdings Inc., TON YI INDUSTRIAL CORP., Sonoco Products Company, Manaksia, Emballator Metal Group, Tata Steel, Can Corporation of America Inc., Toyo Seikan Group Holdings Ltd., Reynolds, and Kian Joo Can Factory Berhad.
Research Methodology: Global Metal Packaging Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete Market analysis and forecasting
- Market Definition, understanding the concept of metal packaging
- Market Drivers and Restraints of the industry
- Market Segmentations and market share divided amongst them
- Key Players in the market and their analysis