Global Orthopedic Extremity Devices Market By Type (Upper Extremity Devices, Lower Extremity Devices, Spine Orthopedics Devices, Arthroscopic Devices, Orthobiologics, Braces and Support Devices), End- User (Hospitals, ASCs, Specialty Orthopedic Centers), Application (Hip, Knee, Spine, Dental, Craniomaxillofacial, Sports Injuries, Extremities, Trauma), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Orthopedic Extremity Devices Market
Global Orthopedic Extremity Devices Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 32.96 billion to an estimated value of USD 47.12 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.57% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increasing rate of sports injuries and other bone related disorder is driving the market.
Market Definition: Global Orthopedic Extremity Devices Market
Orthopedics mainly focuses on the diseases and injuries of musculoskeletal system of the body. This mainly includes joints, bones, ligaments, muscle, nerves and tendons which allow you to move and work. They are diagnosed operatively or non-operatively like medications, physical therapy, exercise, alternate therapies or by surgical procedures. Orthopedic surgeons are the physicians who do practices on orthopedics. Orthopedic devices are used to replace the missing joint or bone and to support the damage bone. They are usually made of stainless steel or titanium alloy to provide strength and there is plastic coatings which act as an artificial cartilage.
- Increasing aging population is the major factor driving the growth of this market.
- Advanced and fully automated orthopedic devices are another factor driving the market.
- Safety measures related to the use of metal implants is restraining the growth of this market.
- Adoption of preventive measures such as gene therapy and tissue engineering rather than curative measures is restraining market.
Segmentation: Global Orthopedic Extremity Devices Market
- By Type
- Upper Extremity Devices
- Lower Extremity Devices
- Spine Orthopedics Devices
- Artificial Discs
- Fixation Screws
- Fixation Nail/ Rod
- Fixation Plates
- Fixation Wires
- Arthroscopic Devices
- Bone Cement
- Bone Graft Substitute
- Bone Growth Factors
- Braces and Support Devices
- Upper Extremity Devices
- By End- User
- Specialty Orthopedic Centers
- By Application
- Sports Injuries
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, MedAchievers Academic Council announced the launch of their open orthopaedic surgery simulator' based on artificial intelligence which will help the young medical graduates to get the experience similar to operation theatre. It will be used in spine surgeries, knee surgeries, on basic healing, trauma and other kind of surgeries.
- In October 2018, at Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA) Orthopaedic Implant Company announced the launch of their Semi-Extended Instrumentation for the OIC Tibial Nail System. The whole system is supported by single set of instrumentation and provides surgeons alternate method for intramedullary nailing of the tibia.
Global orthopedic extremity devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of orthopedic extremity devices market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the orthopedic extremity devices market are Medtronic, Smith & Nephew, Stryker, Wright Medical Group N.V., Zimmer Biomet, MERLOT, Acumed LLC, Alphatec Spine, Inc., Arthrex, Inc., Bioretec Oy, DePuy Synthes, DJO Global, Aesculap Implant Systems, LLC, CONMED Corporation.
Research Methodology: Global Orthopedic Extremity Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global orthopedic extremity devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)