Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market By Type (Oligosaccharides, Inulin, Polydextrose, Lactulose, Pyrodextrins, Others), By Source (Roots, Vegetables, Grains, Others), By Application (Functional Foods & Beverages, Dietary Supplements, Animal Feed), By Functionality (Gut Health, Cardiovascular Health, Bone Health, Immunity, Weight Management), By Bacterial Activity (Bifidobacteria, Lactic Acid Bacteria, Others), By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market
The global prebiotic ingredients market is accounted to be USD 4.8 billion in 2017 and is growing at a CAGR of 10.8% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market
The increasing consumer awareness for healthy diet has resulted in increase in the demand of prebiotic ingredients in food industry. Prebiotic ingredients have gained importance in its applications in functional food due to its attributes of maintaining health. Continuous R&D is conducted for different types of prebiotics ingredients which can be used in wide range of applications. Companies in U.S. such as Ingredion, Inc., Cargill, Dupont are continuously investing in R&D for use of prebiotic ingredients for its applications in medical, functional food and nutritional supplements. The consumer acceptance of products with prebiotic ingredients in regions such as North America and Europe is determining the growth of the market. Asia-Pacific region is the dominating region in prebiotics ingredients for its major application in functional food and beverages segment. According to Journal of Food: Microbiology, Safety & Hygiene; Asia-Pacific region accounted for a share of approximately 44.9% of the global prebiotics ingredients market. The functional food & beverages application holds a share of 82.4% of the global prebiotic ingredients market. The European Commission imposed a regulation on nutrition labelling of the food products. This prebiotics used as an ingredient requires nutrient labelling in the final product. FDA also proposed the declaration of prebiotics on the nutrition facts panel under the rule of “Food Labeling: Revision of the Nutrition and Supplement Facts Labels; Proposed Rule”. The prominent players in the market are manufacturing products as per the regulations imposed on labelling of the products. The rising popularity of the health ingredients has resulted in increased usage of prebiotic ingredients.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Rising demand of healthy products
- Functionality of prebiotic ingredients
- Wide range of applications
- High investments in R&D
- High cost of manufacturing process
Market Segmentation: Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market
- By type the market for prebiotic ingredients market is segmented into oligosaccharides, inulin, polydextrose, lactulose, pyrodextrins, others.
- By source the market for prebiotic ingredients is segmented into roots, vegetables, grains, others.
- On the basis of application, the prebiotic ingredients market is segmented into functional foods & beverages, dietary supplements, and animal feed. The functional foods & beverage segment is sub-segmented into bakery & confectionery, dairy products, meat products, infant food, beverages, others.
- By functionality the prebiotic ingredients market is segmented into gut health, cardiovascular health, bone health, immunity, and weight management.
- On the basis of functionality, the prebiotic ingredients market is segmented into bifidobacteria, lactic acid bacteria, others.
- On the basis of geography, prebiotics ingredients market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others. In 2017, North America is expected to dominate the market.
Competitive Analysis: Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market
The prebiotic ingredients market is highly fragmented and is based on new product launches and clinical results of products. Hence, the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, clinical trials, market initiatives, high expense on research and development, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of prebiotic ingredients market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors: Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market
Some of the major players operating in prebiotics ingredients market are Cargill, Dupont, Frieslandcampina, Ingredion, Beneo, Samyang Genex, Nexira, Beghin Meiji, Royal Cosun, Yakult Pharmaceutical, Fonterra, Kerry Group, Taiyo International, Prenexus Health, Thera-Plantes Inc., AIDP, Jennewein Biotechnologie GmbH, Novasep, Tate & Lyle among others.
Research Methodology: Global Prebiotic Ingredients Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Suppliers, Traders, Regulatory Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Prebiotics ingredients Manufacturers, Suppliers, Traders & Distributors, Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.