Global Pressure Guidewires Market By Product Type (Flat Tipped, Flexible Tipped), Technology Type (Pressure Wire, Optical Fibre), End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Independent Catheterization Labs), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Pressure Guidewires Market
Global pressure guidewires market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 11.65% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the rising levels of geriatric population which are more prone to suffer from cardiovascular disorders.
Market Definition: Global Pressure Guidewires Market
Pressure guidewires are diagnostic medical devices that are used in percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures for the diagnosis of vessels, arteries of patients and whether there is a requirement of any surgical procedures. This product utilizes FFR (fractional flow reserve technology) to detect the blockages present in the vessels and is designed to help in the delivery of devices due to its flexible structure and support.
- Increasing prevalence and adoption of minimally invasive procedures is expected to positively affect the growth of the market
- Better effectiveness and efficient diagnostic procedures with the usage of these products is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Certain restrictions associated with the FFR technology which employs usage of pressure guidewires such as instable signals from the vessels and requirement of multiple wires for multiple assessment of patient vessels; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Significantly large costs associated with these products as compared to transducers is another factor restraining the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Pressure Guidewires Market
By Product Type
- Flat Tipped
- Flexible Tipped
By Technology Type
- Pressure Wire
- Optical Fibre
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Independent Catheterization Labs
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2017, Amayeza Abantu Bio-Medical (Pty) Ltd announced that they are exhibiting their new “3rd generation Pressure Wire X” to the interventional cardiologists and physicians. The product launched in July 2017, has the capability to enhance the navigation of lesions with the help of its fractional flow reserve pressure guidewire technology. This product will make percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures significantly easier.
- In March 2016, Opsens Medical announced that they had received US FDA 510(k) clearance for their “OptoWire II” with the product designed to measure FFR (Fractional Flow Reserve). The product is covered with a hydrophilic coating allowing for enhancement of performance in testing circumstances. This approval will provide a significant platform to Opsens for the commercialization of their FFR product portfolio in the largest consumer market globally.
Competitive Analysis: Global Pressure Guidewires Market
Global pressure guidewires market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of pressure guidewires market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Pressure Guidewires Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global pressure guidewires market are Boston Scientific Corporation; Opsens Medical; Abbott; Koninklijke Philips N.V.; Medtronic; Amayeza Abantu Bio-Medical (Pty) Ltd; Olympus Corporation; Cook; BD; B. Braun Melsungen AG; Terumo Corporation; Merit Medical Systems; Stryker; Cardinal Health; Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.; Teleflex Incorporated and ASAHI INTECC CO., LTD.
Research Methodology: Global Pressure Guidewires Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global pressure guidewires market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)