Global Silicon Carbide Power Semiconductors Market By Power Module (Power, Discrete, Others), Device (Module, SiC Bare Die Devices, MOSFET, Diode), Wafer Size (6-inch & Above, 2-inch, 4-inch), Applications (Power Grids, EV Motors, Railway Traction, RF Devices & Cellular Base Stations, Power Supply & Inverter, Industrial Motor Drives, Others), End-Use Industry (Healthcare, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, IT & Telecommunications, Military & Aerospace, Power, Industrial, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Silicon Carbide Power Semiconductors Market
Global silicon carbide power semiconductors market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 1413.95 million by 2026, registering a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the significant rise in usage of electronic devices which has been a result of the IoT age.
Market Definition: Global Silicon Carbide Power Semiconductors Market
Silicon carbide (SiC) power semiconductors are electronic components made out of silicon and carbide, these components are preferred over conventional silicon, with better electric field strength, band gap providing wider controls management while the device is being manufactured. The usage of this device is preferred over other components due to the above mentioned characteristics, with a variation of SiC available in the market each displaying their unique properties.
- Rapid rise in demand for energy-efficient portable devices powered with a battery is expected to foster growth of the market
- Increased consumption of consumer electronics coupled with a rising preference of wireless communication systems
- Increasing demand for the product from a variety of end-use verticals is also expected to foster growth of the market value
- Increasing consumption of energy efficient alternatives such as solar panels, electric vehicles which utilize these products is also expected to augment growth of the market
- Lack in abundance of silicon wafer worldwide is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- Large costs associated with the wafers required for the production of these semiconductors is also expected to restrict its adoption
- Complications associated with the designing and supplying these products in the logistics cycle is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Silicon Carbide Power Semiconductors Market
By Power Module
- Silicon Carbide (SiC) Bare Die Devices
- Metal–Oxide–Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor (MOSFET)
By Wafer Size
- 6-inch & Above
- Power Grids
- EV Motors
- Railway Traction
- RF Devices & Cellular Base Stations
- Power Supply & Inverter
- Industrial Motor Drives
By End-Use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- IT & Telecommunications
- Military & Aerospace
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, ROHM SEMICONDUCTOR announced that they had upgraded their product offerings of SiC MOSFET to include ten new products under the “SCT3xxxxxHR series”. The series consists of the industry’s largest AEC-Q101 qualified products offering the highest levels of reliability for automotive applications such as on board chargers and DC/DC converters.
- In January 2018, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation announced that they had formulated a new 6.5 kV full SiC power semiconductor module which is designed to offer the highest power density possible amongst the semiconductors rated 1.7 kV-6.5 kV. The power density has been achieved with the help of integration of MOSFET as well as diode on single chip. The company is looking for further advancements in developing more energy effective power modules as per the demand of the market.
Global silicon carbide power semiconductors market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of silicon carbide power semiconductors market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global silicon carbide power semiconductors market are Infineon Technologies AG; Texas Instruments Incorporated; STMicroelectronics; NXP Semiconductors; Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC; Renesas Electronics Corporation; Broadcom; Hitachi Power Semiconductor Device, Ltd.; Global Power Technologies Group; TOSHIBA CORPORATION; Mitsubishi Electric Corporation; Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.; SEMIKRON; Cree, Inc.; Microchip Technology Inc.; MERSEN; AGC Inc.; Danfoss; DuPont and Dow; GENERAL ELECTRIC; Power Integrations, Inc.; Tokyo Electron Limited; ROHM SEMICONDUCTOR among others.
Research Methodology: Global Silicon Carbide Power Semiconductors Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved