Global Speciality Starches Market By Product (Cationic, Starch Esters & Ethers, Resistant, Others), Function (Thickeners, Stabilizers, Binders, Emulsifiers, Others), Type (Large Granule Size, Medium Granule Size, Small Granule Size), Source (Corn, Potato, Wheat, Tapioca, Rice, Others), End User (Food & Beverage, Medical, Pet Food, Pharmaceuticals, Paper, Textiles, Others), Distribution Channel (B2B, B2C), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Speciality Starches Market
Global specialty starches market is expected to register steady growth rate during the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to rising demand for packaged food and the booming growth of the bakery & confectionary products.
Market Definition: Global Speciality Starches Market
Starch is a carbohydrate that is used in food manufacturing for several years serving as an essential nutrient in the body. It is a white granule, organic substance naturally available that is stored by almost all plants for energy. Speciality starch is the modified form of traditional starch that is modified for a specific requirement. Speciality starch is versatile, and is soluble in water, which makes it fit for several function including thickening and stabilizing. Due to its versatility it is widely adopted by several industries including food & beverages, pharmaceutical, paper, textiles, etc.
- Rising demand for new and innovative flavours and variants in products due to changing tastes and preferences, high competition and increased consumer awareness
- Developments in food processing techniques boosts the demand for speciality starch to ensure flexibility of ingredients
- The advantages and advanced features of speciality starch ensures quality and cost effectiveness which boosts the growth of this market
- Rising demand from pharmaceuticals industry fosters the growth of this market
- Absence of adequate technology, infrastructure and raw materials hampers the growth of this market
- Lack of availability of infrastructure, raw materials and advanced technology is expected to restrain the growth of the market growth
Segmentation: Global Speciality Starches Market
- Starch Esters & Ethers
- Large Granule Size
- Medium Granule Size
- Small Granule Size
By End User
- Food & Beverages
- Convenience Foods
- Snacks & Cereal
- Meat & Poultry
- Soups & Sauces
- Hotel/Restaurant/Café (HoReCa)
- Pet Food
By Distribution Channel
- Business to Business (B2B)
- Business to Consumers (B2C)
- Specialty Stores
- Retail Stores
- Online Retail Formats
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, Ingredion purchased the business of Western Polymer. With this acquisition, Ingredion would expand it potato production capability and its customer base by expanding its speciality starch ingredients portfolio, due to the capturing of manufacturing sites situated in U.S. This will also help in further innovations for the product and overall expansion of the organisation.
- In July, 2018, Archer Daniels Midland Company partnered with Vedan international to launch its innovative line of specialty tapioca starches. Tapioca starches have a neutral taste which enables them to be used effectively in various applications including bakery, dressings, beverages, yogurt, soups etc. Thus with this launch, ADM has expanded its starch ingredients to include tapioca starch, thereby enhancing the production and sale of new and innovative speciality starches globally.
Competitive Analysis: Global Speciality Starches Market
Global specialty starches market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of specialty starches market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Speciality Starches Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the specialty starches market are Archer Daniels Midland Company, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Tate & Lyle, Cargill, Incorporated, Givaudan, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Sensient Technologies Corporation, INGREDION, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Kerry Inc., MK Ingredients, Santosh Group, Birkamidon, Starch Europe, Tongaat Hulett, Roquette Frères and AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG amongst others.
Research Methodology: Global Speciality Starches Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure