Global Thoracic Surgery Devices Market By Product (CRM & Cardiac Assist, Heart Valve Repair & Replacement, Heart Defect Closure, Cardiopulmonary Devices, Others), End-Users (Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Thoracic Surgery Devices Market
Global thoracic surgery devices market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 9.33% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased adoption for minimally invasive surgeries.
Market Definition: Global Thoracic Surgery Devices Market
Thoracic surgery devices are the medical instruments, components and devices designed for operating/treating the ailments of patient in relation to their chest. These surgical procedures deal with treatment of organs such as heart, lungs, and esophagus. Various surgical procedures included in thoracic surgery involve heart transplant, removal of parts affected due to cancer, coronary artery bypass, lung transplant and various others.
- Enhancement of innovations and adoption of advanced technologies for surgical methods and devices is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Utilization of video-assisted surgical systems along with energy-based devices is expected to boost the growth of the market
- High volume of facilities established for easier usage and implantation of cardiac rhythm management devices is expected to propel the growth of the market
- Increasing volume of patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases along with lung disorders acts as a market driver
- Complications prevalent with thoracic surgeries such as hemorrhage, wound infection, pneumonia, respiratory failure and others is expected to hinder the growth of the market
- Lack of awareness regarding the complications arising through video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) amid lack of skilled professionals also restricts the growth of this market in the forecast period
Segmentation: Global Thoracic Surgery Devices Market
- Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) & Cardiac Assist
- Heart Valve Repair & Replacement
- Heart Defect Closure
- Cardiopulmonary Devices
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- The International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery announced the organization of 20th ISMICS Annual Scientific Meeting to be held in Warsaw, Poland from 4th-6th June, 2020. The meeting was organized to discuss the various innovations, techniques and technological advancements for cardiovascular/vascular and cardiothoracic surgery field
- In September 2019, Johnson & Johnson announced that their “Medical Device” business company, “Ethicon US, LLC” had developed and launched powered stapler shaped in a circular figure branded as “ECHELON CIRCULAR” for thoracic surgery. The stapler is based on innovative company technologies – “3D Stapling” and “Gripping Surface Technology (GST)” both resulting in significant reduction of leakage while not compensating for compression pressure
Global thoracic surgery devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of thoracic surgery devices market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global thoracic surgery devices market are Medical Devices Business Services, Inc.; Olympus Corporation; KLS Martin Group; B. Braun Melsungen AG; Medtronic; OmniGuide Holdings, Inc.; biolitec AG; Intuitive Surgical; Scanlan International; Getinge AB among others.
Research Methodology: Global Thoracic Surgery Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global thoracic surgery devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)