Global Transdermal Patches Market, By Application (Cardiovascular, CNS, Pain Management, Dermatology, Others), Technology (Electric current, Mechanical arrays, Thermal Ablation, Chemical Enhancers, Others) Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Transdermal Patches Market
Global Transdermal Patches Market is expected to reach USD 7383.47 Billion by 2026 from USD 4445.18 Billion in 2017 at a CAGR of 5.8%. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year 2017, base year for this study is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019–2026. The rising number of diabetic patients across the globe is likely to increase the consumption of transdermal drug delivery patch.
Market Definition: Global Transdermal Patches Market
Transdermal patches are adhesive patches that are medicated. They help to deliver a preset dose of medication inside the body by using the transdermal technology and diffusion technique. The medication later gets into the blood stream over a period of time. These patches are used for various diseases including migranes, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, cardiac and hormonal disorders among others.
According to WHO, in the year 2017, the number of people suffering from diabetes globally was about 422 million.
- Increasing advantages over the oral and ingesting medications is expected to drive the market growth
- Non-Invasive and painless administration of medication is also expected to drive the market growth
- Inability of the skin to absorb large range of medications is expected to restrain the market growth
- Development of contact dermatitis or other skin infections at the site of application is also expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Transdermal Patches Market
- By Application
- Pain Management
- By Technology
- Electric current
- Mechanical arrays
- Thermal Ablation
- Chemical Enhancers
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc. (Japan) announced that the transdermal, pain management patch FENTOSTAPE achieved the primary endpoint of the Phase III clinical study in Japan.
- In July 2018, Mylan N.V. (U.S.) launched generic version of Novartis’ Exelon Patch known as Rivastigmine Transdermal System for the treatment of patients suffering from dementia in the US.
Competitive Analysis: Global Transdermal Patches Market
Global transdermal patches market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of transdermal patches market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Transdermal Patches Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the Transdermal Patches Market are AdhexPharma, ProSolus, Inc., Tapemark, Tesa Labtec GmbH, Nitto Denko Corporation, Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Wholly-owned subsidiary of Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc.), LTS Lohmann, Therapie-Systeme AG, Medherant Limited, Corium International, Inc., Bayer AG, ANI Pharmaceuticals Inc., Novartis AG, Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., Antares Pharma Inc., Aneva Drug Delivery Systems, Abbott Laboratories, Medipatch, Inc., Mylan Pharmaceutical, Inc., Acrux Limited among others.
Research Methodology: Global Transdermal Patches Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global transdermal patches market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)