Global Upper Extremities Trauma Devices Market By Procedures (Joint Replacement and Fractures, Nerve diseases and Soft Tissue Injuries), Surgical Site (Hand &Wrist, Shoulder, Arm, Elbow), End- User (Hospital, Homecare, Diagnostic Laboratory), Device Type (Internal Fixators , External Fixators), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Upper Extremities Trauma Devices Market
Global upper extremities trauma devices market is set to witness a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Improvement in healthcare infrastructure and technological advancement are the factor for the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Upper Extremities Trauma Devices Market
Trauma devices are one of the common surgical methods used to treat injuries depending on injury severity. These traumas can be any sprains, burns, fractures, and other which is usually caused by any external factor. Upper extremities consist of surgical sites such as hand & wrist, shoulder, arm, and elbow. Some of the common trauma devices which are used are plates & screws, hybrid fixators, rods & pins, circulator fixators, and other.
- Rising aging population will drive the market growth
- Increasing road accidents is another factor boosting the growth of this market
- Rising R&D investment by players will also enhance the market growth
- Increasing prevalence of bone degenerative diseases acts as a market driver
- High cost of trauma devices will restrict the growth of this market
- Risk of allergy associated with the internal fixation of devices will also restrain the market growth
- Dearth of trained and skilled professional will hinder the market growth
Segmentation: Global Upper Extremities Trauma Devices Market
- Joint Replacement and Fractures
- Nerve diseases and Soft Tissue Injuries
By Surgical Site
- Hand &Wrist
By End- User
By Device Type
- Internal Fixators
- Plates & Screws
- Rods & Pins
- External Fixators
- Uniplanar & Biplanar Fixators
- Circular Fixators
- Hybrid Fixators
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2018, Globus Medical Inc. announced the launch of their new Anthem ankle fracture system and Anthem proximal humerus fracture system. The anthem fracture system includes seven plating options and is designed to reduce implant prominence soft tissue irritation and proximal hymn fracture system is designed to treat fractures in the shoulder and uses the company's polyaxial screw technology. The main aim of the launch is to provide customer with better products by enhancing versatility and decreasing operating time
- In December 2015, DSM announced that they have received clearance from FDA for their Dyneema Purity Radiopaque Cerclage Cable which is specially designed so they can be used in orthopaedic trauma treatments such as spine and bone fractures. It is claimed that Purity Radiopaque fiber is 15 times stronger than steel, with high pliability and durability that can help reduce the risk of bone damage
Global upper extremities trauma devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of upper extremities trauma devices market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global upper extremities trauma devices market are Arthrex, Inc.; B. Braun Melsungen AG; CONMED Corporation; Medical Devices Business Services, Inc.; Kinamed Incorporated; Stryker; Colfax Corporation; Zimmer Biomet; Smith+Nephew; Wright Medical Group N.V.; Advanced Orthopaedic Solutions; Integra LifeSciences Corporation; Acumed LLC; Bioretec Oy; aap Implantate AG; Medtronic; Waldemar Link GmbH & Co. KG; Corin; Double Medical Technology Inc.; Medartis AG; Orthofix Holdings, Inc.; among others.
Research Methodology: Global Upper Extremities Trauma Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global upper extremities trauma devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)