Global Uterine Fibroids Drug Market By Types (Subserosal Fibroids, Submucosal Fibroids, Intramural Fibroids and Pedunculated Fibroids), Mechanism of Action (GnRH Agonists, Steroids, Contraceptives, NSAIDs and Vitamins), Drugs Type (Progesterone, Levonorgestrel, Mefenamic, Raloxifene and Others), Diagnosis (Ultrasound, Lab Tests and Imaging Tests), Treatment (Medication, Dietary Supplements and Surgery), Route of Administration (Oral, Intravenous and Others), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Uterine Fibroids Drug Market
Global uterine fibroids drug market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of uterine fibroids, rise in female population, growing screening; rising awareness and development in the healthcare expenditure and the government support for the research & development for new and better treatment have fueled the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Uterine Fibroids Drug Market
Uterine fibroids are also known as leiomyoma or myomas, can be characterized by the formation of abnormal non-cancerous tissue growth inside the wall of the uterus. A woman may develop one or many fibroids in uterus and these can vary in sizes depending upon the condition and level. Uterine fibroids symptoms include heavy bleeding between or during the menstrual cycle, pain in pelvis or lower back, increased menstrual cramping and enlargement of the abdomen.
- Increasing prevalence of uterine fibroids is driving the market growth
- Rising female population across the globe is driving the market growth.Growing screening across the world can also acts as a market driver
- Rising awareness amongst people about the uterine fibroids and its treatment is also boosting the market growth
- Side effects of treatment such as bleeding and infection during surgery can hamper the market growth
- Low healthcare expenditure in developing regions also restricts the market growth
- High cost-containment measures undertaken by governments along with the ongoing healthcare reforms.
- Limited treatment options for uterine fibroids are restricting the market growth.
Segmentation: Global Uterine Fibroids Drug Market
- Subserosal Fibroids
- Submucosal Fibroids
- Intramural Fibroids
- Pedunculated Fibroids
By Mechanism of Action
- GnRH Agonists
By Drugs Type
- Lab Tests
- Imaging Tests
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Dietary Supplements
By Route of Administration
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In July 2019, Myovant Sciences Ltd. reported positive primary outcome of the successful clinical trial for Relugolix combination therapy for the treatment of uterine fibroids. As, the phase III (LIBERTY 2) clinical trial hits the primary endpoint, as well as six secondary endpoints in women with uterine fibroids demonstrating the strong response rates in patients. Thus, the company seeks to file NDA to the U.S FDA
- In November 2018, AbbVie Inc is developing Elagolix drug for the treatment of reducing heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids. The drug is currently undergoing phase lll clinical trial, an orally-administered, non-peptide, small molecule gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist which inhibits endogenous GnRH signaling by binding competitively to GnRH receptors in the pituitary gland. This drug has a potential as a future treatment for women with uterine fibroids
Global uterine fibroids drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of uterine fibroids drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the global uterine fibroids drug market are GlaxoSmithKline plc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Pfizer Inc, Novartis AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Sanofi, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Amgen Inc, Medtronic, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc, Mylan N.V, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Hologic, Inc, Smith & Nephew, Merck & Co., Inc, ALLERGAN, Bayer AG, Koninklijke Philips N.V, IceCure Medical Ltd and others.
Research Methodology: Global Uterine Fibroids Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global uterine fibroids drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.