Global Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) Market By Raw Material (Ethylene, Chlorine, Oxygen, Others), Application (PVC and Copolymer Resins), End-User (Building & Construction, Healthcare, Agriculture, Electrical & Electronics and Others) and Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) Market
Global vinyl chloride monomer market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 18.4 billion by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The high growth of this market is due to the increase in demand from the building & construction industry.
Market Definition: Global Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) Market
Vinyl Chloride Monomer is a flammable gas, colourless which is used in the manufacturing of polyvinyl chloride and is used mainly in the building & construction industry. The chemical is produced commercially by combining hydrocarbon feedstock, which is obtained by cracking natural gas or petroleum with elemental chlorine.
- Rise in demand for vinyl chloride monomer in the automotive industry drives the market growth
- Advancements in medical technologies and emergence of advanced medical devices
- Growing industrial activities which involves piping in food & chemical processing, landfill liners is also drives the market
- Increasing application of PVC in consumer and electrical & electronic industries
- Global environmental concerns such as carbon emission and global warming
- Recent economic slowdown has affected automotive and construction markets in the U.S. & Canada
- Changing demand-supply spectrum owing to strengthening of regulations in Asia-Pacific region
Segmentation: Global Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) Market
By Raw Material
- Copolymer Resins
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2018, Shintech Louisiana invested $1.49 billion so that they can develop a chloralkali and vinyl chloride monomer production plant and expanded the production of vinyl chloride monomer. It will help the company to expand its business and increase their product portfolio
- In September 2018, AGC increases its production capacity of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) by 200,000 tons, expanding it to 750,000 tons. It will help the company to expand their business and strengthen themselves in the market
Global vinyl chloride monomer market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Vinyl Chloride Monomer market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global vinyl chloride monomer market are Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A., Axiall, Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Dow, Bayer AG, Chemson Group, Mexichem S.A.B. de C.V., NOVA Chemicals Corporation, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., BOYTEK A.S. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved