Gulf Collagen Market, By Product Type (Gelatin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Native Collagen, Collagen Peptide, and Others), Type (Type I, Type II, Type III, and Type IV), Form (Powder and Liquid), Source (Bovine, Poultry, Porcine, Marine, and Others), Product Category (GMO and Non-GMO), Function (Texture, Stabilizer, Emulsifier, Finding, and Others), Application (Food Products, Beverages, Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements, Cosmetics and Personal Care, Animal Feed, Laboratory Tests, and Others), Country (Saudi Arabia, South Africa, UAE, Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Iraq, Qatar, Algeria, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Ghana, Jordan, Lebanon, Tunis, Bahrain, Tanzania, Syria, Angola, Libya, Sudan and Rest of the Middle East), Industry Trends and Forecast 2029
Market Analysis and Insights: Gulf Collagen Market
Gulf collagen market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is expected to reach USD 897.04 million by 2029 from USD 598.57 million in 2021, growing with the CAGR of 5.3% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. The growing demand for collagen in the cosmetic industry is the major factor that is driving the demand for collagen globally. Collagen has a wider range of usage in food products, dietary supplements, animal feed, laboratory tests, and many other places. Several manufacturers are entering into mergers, launching new products, and making strategic decisions to fulfill the increasing demand for collagen in the market.
Collagen is a kind of fibrous and hard protein that forms abundant protein in the human bones, skin, muscles, and tendons. Collagen is present in various kinds of products that are consumed or used by humans in their daily routines. The collagen is extracted from the connective tissues of animals such as cattle, chickens, marine fishes, and various other sources. It helps in providing tensile strength as well as elasticity to the individual. Collagen is used in cosmetic products, food products, beverages, nutritional diets, which are consumed by athletes and at several other places, which has increased the preferences among consumers and retailers.
Collagen can be used for different functions such as an emulsifier, findings, stabilizer, and various end industries. Thus, manufacturers are promoting the products for other applications by publishing the benefits offered by their brands.
The collagen products are rich in proteins that mainly provide the anti-aging benefit to the skin and the smoothness that offers healthy skin for the individual. The collagen also helps repair the dead skin and keeps the skin hydrated for a longer duration. With that, collagen provides elasticity to the skin. The collagen proteins are connected to create the fibroblasts. Such advantages associated with collagen have propelled the manufacturers to introduce collage-based cosmetics in the market. Increasing usage of collagen as an ingredient in supplements for sports and medical applications has maximized collagen usage, leading to the increase in collagen extraction in the market. However, collagen falls under the third category of the FDA food ingredient rule. This attracts the regulations laid by the FDA. The manufacturers need to get a green chit from the FDA before being used in the products, based on purity and criteria laid down in the act. This is expected to restrain the market.
Collagen has a great application in preparing pharmaceutical products used in wound management, ophthalmic, orthopedic and oral surgeries, which is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market's growth. On the other hand, the lack of the proper processing technologies for the raw material of collagen and GMO certification for labeling collagen products may challenge the market's growth.
The Gulf collagen market report provides details of market share, new developments, the impact of domestic and localized market players, opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Gulf Collagen Market Scope and Market Size
The Gulf collagen market is segmented on the basis of product type, type, form, source, product category, function, and application. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the Gulf collagen market is segmented into gelatin, hydrolyzed collagen, native collagen, collagen peptide, and others. In 2022, gelatin is expected to dominate the Gulf collagen market as it has a wide range of usage in several sectors such as pharmaceutical, food, and various other industries.
- On the basis of type, the Gulf collagen market is segmented into type into type I, type II, type III, and type IV. In 2022, type I is expected to dominate the Gulf collagen market as rising demand for nutritional and functional food is expected to drive the growth of this segment.
- On the basis of form, the Gulf collagen market is segmented into powder and liquid. In 2022, the powder is expected to dominate the Gulf collagen market as the growing consumer awareness toward the consumption of nutritious food increases the demand for collagen peptide powder. This is expected to drive the growth of this segment.
- On the basis of source, the Gulf collagen market is segmented into bovine, poultry, porcine, marine, and others. In 2022, bovine is expected to dominate the Gulf collagen market due to its wider application in the medical sector, which is expected to drive the growth of this segment.
- On the basis of product category, the Gulf collagen market is segmented into GMO and Non-GMO. In 2022, GMO is expected to dominate the Gulf collagen market as GMO collagen is extensively used in the dietary supplements that are preferred by dieticians in Keto-diet, which is expected to drive the growth of this segment.
- On the basis of function, the Gulf collagen market is segmented into texture, stabilizer, emulsifier, finding, and others. In 2022, the texture is expected to dominate the Gulf collagen market due to the growing demand as the texture or surface of collagen maximizes the protein content of the skin, which is expected to drive the growth of this segment in the forecast year.
- On the basis of application, the Gulf collagen market is segmented into food products, beverages, nutraceuticals and dietary supplements, cosmetics and personal care, animal feed, laboratory tests, and others. In 2022, the food products segment is expected to dominate the Gulf collagen market as the application of collagen as a food stabilizer owes a maximum share, which is expected to drive the growth of this segment.
Gulf Collagen Market Country Level Analysis
Gulf collagen market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by collagen product type, type, form, source, product category, function, application.
The countries covered in the Gulf collagen market report are Saudi Arabia, South Africa, UAE, Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Iraq, Qatar, Algeria, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Ghana, Jordan, Lebanon, Tunis, Bahrain, Tanzania, Syria, Angola, Libya, Sudan, and rest of the Middle East.
Saudi Arabia is expected to dominate the Gulf collagen market due to the presence of the largest consumer market with high GDP. Saudi Arabia holds the majority of the share in the collagen market. UAE is expected to dominate the Gulf collagen market and witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to premium collagen-based products sales in the country. Qatar is expected to dominate the Gulf collagen market due to growth in local and international markets of luxury products, including cosmetics.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives by Manufactures in Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Gulf Collagen Market
Gulf collagen market also provides you with a detailed market analysis for every country's growth in aesthetic, nutrition, and processed food industry with collagen product sales, the impact of advancement in the collagen products, and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Gulf collagen market. The data is available for the historical period 2011 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and Gulf Collagen Market Share Analysis
Gulf collagen market competitive landscape provides details by a competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company's focus related to the Gulf collagen market.
Some of the major companies in the Gulf collagen market are COBIOSA, PB Leiner (A Part of Tessenderlo Group), ConnOils LLC, Holista Colltech, Ashland, DSM, Collagen Solutions Plc, Rousselot, ADVANCED BIOMATRIX, INC., Proteïn S.A., Queen, GELITA AG, Collagen Solutions Plc, Vital Proteins LLC, Weishardt, SMPNutra.com, Titan Biotech, Elnasr4Gelatin, Sel Sanayi AS, Halavet Food, SelJel Jelatin A.S., among others.
DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by companies worldwide which are also accelerating the collagen market.
- In May 2021, Rousselot launched X-Pure GelDAT. This Gelatin Desaminotyrosine will meet the response toward the customer's demand to overcome the barriers encountered in clinic translation
- In June 2020, Nestlé Health Science (NH SC), the market leader in the field of nutritional science globally, acquired a majority stake in Vital Proteins LLC. This will help the company to expand our wellness platform to the world. Collaboration, joint ventures, and other strategies by the market player are enhancing the company market in the collagen market, which also provides the benefit for the organization to improve their offering for the Gulf collagen market