Middle East & Africa Stevia Market By Form (Powder, Whole Leaf, Liquid, Tablet), Application (Industrial, Domestic), Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders, Retail), Country (South Africa and Rest of Middle East & Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
The carbonated beverages and foods are flavoured, artificial coloured, sweetened carbonated and preserved with chemicals. The majorly used ingredients in the carbonated food and drinks are sugar. The rising consumption of the sugar leads to serious illness such as obesity and diabetes amongst the population. Rising health concern amongst the population is increasing the preference towards low calorie sugar based products and organic ingredients in their daily intake. Various types of sugar substitutes are available such as Aspartame which cannot sustain at higher temperature whereas saccharin has certain limitation from Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The stevia extracted sweetener Reb A is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) for their usage in the foods and beverages industry.
Middle East & Africa stevia market is expected to reach at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Middle East & Africa Stevia Market
Middle East & Africa stevia market is segmented based on form, application and distribution channel.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder, whole leaf, liquid and tablets.
- NOW Foods (U.S.) offers BetterStevia Extract Powder which is in pure organic with zero-calorie, low glycemic certified organic sweetener substitute for table sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into Industrial and domestic.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct tenders and retail.
- In July 2017, PureCircle (Malaysia) unveiled the new stevia leaf-based flavor enhancers which ensure food and beverages companies to produce product and cost effective price in vanilla and cocoa flavors.
Competitive Analysis: Middle East & Africa Stevia Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Cargill, Incorporated, Ingredion Incorporated, Tate & Lyle, PureCircle, Archer Daniels Midland Company, BIOSWEET VENTURES, GLG LIFE TECH CORP., Hunan huacheng Biotech,Inc., HYET Sweet, Morita Kagaku Kogyo Co., Ltd., Pyure, S&W Seed Co., Stevita, Sunwin Stevia International, Inc., Whole Earth Sweetener Co., LLC, ZHUCHENG HAOTIAN PHARM CO. LTD and among others.
- In June 2017, Zyduswellness announced the launch of Sugar Free Green which are available in pallets and powder form and can be used in the beverages and desserts for adults and kids. The launch of the tablets and powder with the stevia ingredients and demand of sugar free foods and beverages leads the growth of stevia in the upcoming year.
Research Methodology: Middle East & Africa Stevia Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Industrialist, Distributors.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.