Middle East And Africa Disposable Spo2 Sensor Market By Pin Type (6 Pin, 7 Pin, 8 Pin, 9 Pin), Cable Length (0.8M, 1.6M, 0.45 M, 0.90 M), Patient Type (Infant, Child, Adult), Application (Finger Except Thumb, Any Finger or Toe, Foot/Hand), End User (Clinical, Hospital), Country (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Israel, Egypt, Rest of Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
A disposable SpO2 sensor is a small clip like medical device that monitors the patient blood saturation level. This medical device can attach either on finger, toe and hand. Doctor utilizes these sensors to check how well the patient’s heart is pumping.
The SpO2 sensor is used in pulse monitoring for measuring oxygen levels and oxygen saturation level in blood. This sensor can be useful in cases of anaemia, heart attack or heart failure, congenital heart defects, pneumonia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer. This market has ability to cater various age categories of patients from infant to adult. Some of the factors which are driving the market are increasing adoption of disposable SpO2 sensors, increasing need to curtail healthcare costs through medical devices and the restraint of the market are lack of awareness in developing nations.
Middle East and Africa disposable SpO2 sensor market is projected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Middle East And Africa Disposable Spo2 Sensor Market
Middle East and Africa disposable SpO2 sensor market is segmented into five notable segments which are pin type, cable length, patient type, application and end user.
- On the basis of pin type, the market is segmented into 6 Pin, 7 Pin, 8 Pin and 9 Pin
- On the basis of cable length, the market is segmented into 0.8M, 1.6M, 0.45M and 0.90M
- On the basis of patient type, the market is segmented into infant, child and adult
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into finger except thumb, any finger or toe and foot/hand
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into clinical and hospital
Competitive Analysis: Middle East And Africa Disposable Spo2 Sensor Market
Some of the major players operating in the Middle East and Africa disposable SpO2 sensor market are Medtronic, Masimo, GENERAL ELECTRIC, Koninklijke Philips N.V., TE Connectivity, CareOx LLC, CONMED Corporation, Honeywell International, Inc, NIHON KOHDEN CORPORATION, Nonin, Nuova GmbH, Shenzhen Med-Link Electronics Tech Co.,Ltd, Shenzhen Medke Technology Co.,Ltd among others.
- In May 2019, Masimo and Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd. have entered into a license and purchase agreement. Through this agreement Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd. will offer Masimo SET in its monitoring devices for measuring oxygen saturation (SPO2), perfusion index (Pi) and pulse rate (PR). This will help the company to cater in countries in Europe, Middle East and Asia region.
- In June 2017, Medtronic has launched new study called as PRODIGY to detect high-risk opioid-induced respiratory depression (OIRD) patients by using its Capnostream 35 and 20p devices. Capnostream integrates both capnography and pulse oximetry which will be used in PRODIGY to create a device that measures the likelihood of OIRD in patients treated with drugs for post-surgical and non-surgical discomfort in hospitals. This development helps the company to increase their customer base in OIRD patients.
- In May 2017, Masimo has partnered with Midmark Corporation, which is a leading ambulatory care solutions provider. This acquisition is aimed to improve the efficiency and accuracy of vital signs acquisition in the clinical space. Through this partnership Midmark Corporation can use Masimo’s Masimo SET pulse oximetry technology with its Midmark IQvitals Zone for providing real-time and accurate information of oxygen saturation (SPO2), perfusion index (Pi) and pulse rate (PR).
Research Methodology: Middle East And Africa Disposable Spo2 Sensor Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Service Providers, Software Providers and Industrial Professionals. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and National Sales Managers.