Middle East and Africa Weight Management Market By Type (Equipment, Services, Supplement), Diet (Meals, Beverages, Nutraceuticals), Application (Weight Maintenance, Body Shaping, Sports Injuries, Aesthetic Procedures, Chronic Wound Management, Others), Distribution Channel (Multi-Level Marketing, Large Retail, Small Retail, Health and Beauty Stores, Online, Others), End User (Fitness Centers & Health Clubs, Consulting Services & Commercial Weight Loss Centers, Online Weight Loss Programs, Slimming Centers, Others), Country (South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Weight management is a long-term challenge which is influenced by emotional, behavioural and physical factors. According to Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation, 30.0% of worlds’ population is affected by the excess weight gain and obesity which are the major concern in the public health issue. Weight control consists of many techniques and strategies such as diet plan, physical activity, behavioural therapy and surgery or combinations of these all. Some strategies such as altering diet habits and physical workout also influence obesity and other risk factors. Physical exercise is considered as an integral part of weight management and weight loss therapy. The availability of solutions for weight management and changing lifestyle is boosting the market growth.
Middle East & Africa weight management market is projected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Middle East and Africa Weight Management Market
Middle East & Africa weight management market is segmented into five notable segments which are type, diet, application, distribution channel and end user.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into equipment, services and supplement
- In April 2017, Olympus Corporation has declared its plan to acquire Image Stream Medical, Inc. (U.S.) for enhancing the medical solution offerings to healthcare facilities. This acquisition will lead Olympus as minimally invasive therapeutic and diagnostic solutions provider along with systems integration developer
- On the basis of diet, the market is segmented into meals, beverages and nutraceuticals
- In March 2019, Herbalife launched Protein Drink Mix Select and Formula 1 Select Meal Replacement shake, two newly developed alternative proteins. These products are plant-based nutrition mixes which are highly formulated with quinoa, rice proteins and pea. These products are the best alternatives for the allergies of gluten, dairy or soy. These launches definitely enhance the product portfolio as these blends provide essential nutrients with healthy & balanced diet
- On the basis of application the market is segmented into weight maintenance, body shaping, sports injuries, aesthetic procedures, chronic wound management and others
- On the basis of distribution channel the market is segmented into multi-level marketing, large retail, small retail, health and beauty stores, online and others
- In June 2018, Kellogg Co. had announced changes in leadership to North American and European businesses which would help the company to grow. Due to this reason, there is an increase in distribution networks in the U.S. and Europe
- On the basis of end user the market is segmented into fitness centers & health clubs, consulting services & commercial weight loss centers, online weight loss programs, slimming centers and others
- In May 2019, HOLOGIC INC. had signed an agreement with DEXA+ for distribution of Hologic’s Horizon DXA system for body composition measurement. This partnership permits Hologic to expand its skilled people in body composition calculation. This will expand patient access to this technology that can complement wellness and training programs
Competitive Analysis: Middle East and Africa Weight Management Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are TECHNOGYM USA Corp, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Medtronic, OLYMPUS CORPORATION, BRUNSWICK CORPORATION, Apollo Endosurgery, Inc., Nautilus, Inc, ICON Health & Fitness, Johnson Health Tech. The Simply Good Foods Company, Herbalife International of America, Inc, Kellogg Co.,The Coca-Cola Company, PepsiCo, Inc, OTSUKA HOLDINGS CO. LTD., Amway, VLCC, WW International, Inc., NUTRISYSTEM, INC, WW International, Inc., ICON Health & Fitness, DUKE DIET & FITNESS CENTER, Jenny Craig, SLIMMING WORLD, EQUINOX, INC, EDIETS.COM, Life Time, Inc., MoreLife and Hologics Inc., among others.
- In January 2018, THE COCA-COLA COMPANY had launched diet coke in North America had been done. In this there is change in look, packaging and new flavours. This modernizing helps Diet Coke to make special in newer generation. As a result, there will be more customer base for this product
- In December 2018, Kellogg Co. had successfully announced product launch of a sweet new twist along with new strawberry krispies. Due to this there is an addition in product portfolio of the company
Research Methodology: Middle East and Africa Weight Management Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Distributors, Bakers and Food Industrialists.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and National Sales Managers.