North America Architectural Coatings Market By Resin Type (Acrylic, Vinyl Acetate-Ethylene (VAE), Alkyds, Polyurethane, Epoxy, Polyesters, Others), Technology (Solventborne, Waterborne), Function (Paints, Primers, Varnishes, Stains, Sealers, Powder Coatings, Lacquers, Ceramics, Others), Application (Commercial, Residential, Coatings for Wood, Roof Coatings, Floor Coatings), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
The architectural coatings market represents the largest segment of overall coatings market. Architectural coatings are the coatings such as paints, powder and others which are used to coat homes and buildings. Most of the architectural coatings are designed for a specific use such as interior and exterior wall painting, roof coatings and floor coatings. These coating provides certain protective, decorative and durable functions to infrastructure. The acrylic segment is the highest growing segment owing to its advantages such as wide range of applications, oxidation and weathering resistance, durability and high coating quality. Whereas the Asia-Pacific region is most dominating as well as fastest growing region due to increasing applications, infrastructural developments and technological advancements in the region.
North America architectural coatings market is projected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Architectural Coatings Market
North America architectural coatings market is segmented into four notable segments which are resin type, technology, function and application.
- On the basis of resin type, the market is segmented into acrylic, alkyds, epoxy, polyurethane, polyesters, vinyl acetate-ethylene (VAE) and others.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into waterborne and solventborne.
- On the basis of function, the market is segmented into ceramics, lacquers, paints, powder coatings, primers, sealers, stains, varnishes and others.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into residential, commercial, coatings for wood, floor coatings, and roof coatings.
Competitive Analysis: North America Architectural Coatings Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Akzo Nobel N.V., PPG Industries, Inc., The Sherwin-Williams Company, NIPSEA Group, BASF SE, Asian Paints Limited, Axalta Coating Systems, LLC, Brillux GmbH & Co. KG, Colorado Commercial & Residential Painting, IFS Coatings, Kansai Paint Co., Ltd., KEIM Mineral Coatings of America, Inc., Kelly-Moore Paints, Masco Corporation, RPM International Inc. among others.
- In May 2018, Kelly-Moore Paints launched EnvyTM Premium Exterior Paints & Enamel, which provides superior finish and wide range of application properties. It uses resin technology, which provides exceptional durability and weathering. This product launch benefits the company to attract professional as well as DIY customers.
- In October 2017, Kansai Paint Co., Ltd.’s subsidiary – Kansai Plascon has launched the world's first anti-mosquito paint in Zambia. This paint can hold its efficiency upto 24 months as approved by Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) testing. This product launch benefits the company to attract more customers in Africa region where the mosquitoes are spreading the diseases.
- In August 2017, BEHR, a brand of Masco Corporation has launched Color of the Year 2018, named as, ‘In The Moment’ which is a restorative blue-green hue. The company also introduced annual BEHR 2018 Color Trends palette along with color of the year. This development helps the company to attract more customers.
Research Methodology: North America Architectural Coatings Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Product Experts, Engineers, Service Providers, Industrial Professionals. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and National Sales Managers.