North America Biostimulants Market By Active Ingredients (Acid Based, Extract Based, Protein Hydrolysates, Microbial Amendments, Chitin, Chitosan, B-Vitamins, Others), Crop Type (Fruits & Vegetables, Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, Turf & Ornamentals, Other Crops), Application Method (Foliar Treatment, Soil Treatment, Seed Treatment), Form (Liquid, Dry), End User (Farmers, Related Industries, Research Institutes), Origin (Natural Biostimulants, Synthetic Biostimulants), Distribution Channel (Direct, Indirect), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027.
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Biostimulants Market
North America biostimulants market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a stronger CAGR of 13.4% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 1,827.73 million by 2027. Rising need for sustainable agriculture is the major factor for the biostimulants market growth.
Biostimulants contains a large number of biological materials, microorganisms and compounds which when provided to crops, seeds or soil shows improvement in plant, increase crop yields and minimize plant pressure. In the era of sustainable agriculture, biostimulants is found to be one of the better solutions which have the capacity to provide high crop productivity. Increasing need for sustainable agriculture sector in North America helps the market to gain a substantial growth. Demand for biostimulants is increasing due to its multiple benefits hence manufacturers are engaged in providing new products in market. Brandt Consolidated, Inc. provides multiple biostimulants products in market for grower which helps them to get high productivity.
This biostimulants market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Biostimulants Market Scope and Market Size
Biostimulants market is segmented into seven notable segments which are based on the basis of active ingredients, crop type, application method, form, origin, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of active ingredients, the market is segmented into acid based, extract based, microbial amendments, protein hydrolysates, B-vitamins, chitin, chitosan, and others. Acid based segment is dominating the market as it contains amine group, a carboxylic acid group and a side chain and these are the important molecule providing many functions to the plant as well as increases plant metabolic activity. The important function of the amino acids is to acts as building blocks of protein. Due to its main function activity in the plant it takes high share in biostimulants. However microbial amendment may grow in this product due to rise in need for other important component such as nitrogen and many others.
- On the basis of crop type, the market is segmented into fruits & vegetables, cereals & grains, turf & ornamentals, oilseeds & pulses, and other crops. Fruits and vegetables segment is dominating the biostimulants market due to high production of fruits and vegetables globally. Consumers for fruits and vegetables are higher and to fulfil the demand farmers are focused towards producing varied types of fruits and vegetables. The production of fruits and vegetables are high worldwide which includes tomato, banana, and many others. Thus, high yield of fruits and vegetables requires large quantity of biostimulants for excess productivity which in results drives the demand of this segment. For instance, in 2016, according to FAO, it has been found that China has produced around 708 million tons fresh fruits and vegetables which have increased by 3.0% from the last year i.e. 2015. Thus, this states increase in production of agricultural products may need more biostimulants products which in result are driving the biostimulants market to grow.
- On the basis of application method, the market is segmented into foliar treatment, soil treatment and seed treatment. Foliar treatment segment is dominating as it is easy to apply on plants and provides high benefits in terms of their growth and productivity. The plants leaves are capable of absorbing the components of these products which leads to better functioning.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into liquid and dry. Liquid is dominating the market because it is easily absorbed in the soil to provide a good root system, better stems and foliar development to make the crop more capable to abiotic stress. Liquid biostimulant can be applied on plants without any prior treatment with solvent.
- On the basis of origin, the market is segmented into natural biostimulants and synthetic biostimulants. Natural biostimulants segment is dominating due its benefits such increases productivity and it is made up from natural resources including seaweed and other plant material these components are easily available and easy in products of biostimulants products.. However, synthetic biostimulants may grow due to its high enhanced components content that may even increase the productivity and will helped in fulfilling the increasing demand.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into farmers, related industries and research institutes. Farmers segment is dominating as its usage is higher in agriculture sector. Farmers accounting high share as they get multiple benefits in terms of increasing productivity.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct and indirect. Direct segment is dominating as the demand from the farmers with large agriculture field as well as related industry is higher.
Biostimulants Market Country Level Analysis
Biostimulants market is segmented into seven notable segments which are based on the basis of active ingredients, crop type, application method, form, origin, end user and distribution channel.
- The countries covered in the biostimulants market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- North America biostimulants market is accounting healthy share as this region has started adopting regulations which are well defined and also taking interest into it due to its multiple benefits in agriculture. Farmers are inclining towards it in order to maintain sustainable agriculture. In North America, the U.S. is taking large share due to its high usage in the U.S. mainly in California. For instance, according to Global Department of Food and Agriculture, in 2018, total income of grapes and almond was USD 6,250.00 million and USD 5,470.00 million respectively.
- The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of regional brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strong Investment in Research and Development Activities and New Technology Penetration
Biostimulants market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in agriculture sector with biostimulants product sales, impact of technological development in these products and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the biostimulants market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Biostimulant Market Share Analysis
Biostimulants market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, their presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, concept cars, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to biostimulants market.
The major players covered in the report are Eastman Chemical Company, OMEX, LALLEMAND Inc., Agrinos, Brandt Consolidated, Inc., FMC Corporation, Valagro SpA, Biolchim SPA, Isagro, Italpollina S.p.A., ADAMA Ltd, KOPPERT BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS, Haifa Group, Novozymes, ACADIAN SEAPLANTS LIMITED, ATLÁNTICA AGRICOLA, Biostadt India Limited, Trade Corporation International, AGROENZYMAS, MICROMIX, Syngenta, Bayer AG, UPL, and others. Biostimulants market share data is available for country wise in North America and they are U.S., Canada and Mexico separately. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many joint ventures and developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the biostimulants market:
- In July 2017, Syngenta signed an agreement with Valagro to provide biostimulants for seed treatment. With this agreement, Syngenta launched EPIVIO Energy, which is specially designed for sunflower and sunflower crops to reduce abiotic stress and improve crop quality. The company has strengthened its product portfolio which has resulted into increase in its customer base around the world.
- In January 2016, FMC Corporation has launched its new product called Capture LFR Insecticide together with VGR Soil Amendment. This product is suitable for fields with a potential for high soil phosphorous retention or drought pressure. Launching this product in market has led the company to strengthen their product portfolio for in-furrow application in corn.
Partnership, expansion and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for biostimulants products for the welfare of the consumers as well as farmers in agriculture sector.
Customization Available: North America Biostimulants Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), product under development data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.