North America Biostimulants Market, By Active Ingredients (Acid Based, Extract Based, Protein Hydrolysates, Microbial Amendments, Chitin, Chitosan, B-Vitamins, and Others), Crop Type (Fruits & Vegetables, Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, Turf & Ornamentals, and Other Crops), Application Method (Foliar Treatment, Soil Treatment, and Seed Treatment), Form (Liquid, and Dry), End User (Farmers, Related Industries, and Research Institutes), Origin (Natural Biostimulants and Synthetic Biostimulants), Distribution Channel (Direct and Indirect) Country (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Biostimulants Market
North America biostimulants market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 13.9% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 2,388.14 million by 2029.
Biostimulants are developed to help the farmers in order to meet increased agricultural demand on a sustainable basis. Biostimulants boost crop yield and its value, which positively affects farm productivity. Agricultural biostimulant is comprised of multiple amalgamations of chemicals, substances, and micro-organisms that are added to the plants or soils to boost crop vigor, production, sensitivity to abiotic pressure, and quality. Biostimulants support the growth and production of crops throughout the entire crop life cycle, from seed germination to plant maturity, in a variety of demonstrated ways like regulating plant metabolism. Biostimulants are developed for farmers to meet the demand for sustainable agriculture, including quality and improved crop yield, and even for the consumers to meet the demand for organic products to cope with health and safety standards. Thus, investors are increasingly interested in the biostimulant category with respect to the significant growth potential.
The major factors that are expected to drive the growth of the biostimulants market are the increasing need for sustainable agriculture and the high demand for organic farming. However, quality issues in manufacturing biostimulants may act as a major restraint for the biostimulants market.
Rising awareness about biostimulants is likely to open up opportunities for the biostimulants market. On the other hand, the high demand for substitute products may act as a major challenge for the growth of the market.
This biostimulants market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Biostimulants Market Scope and Market Size
North America biostimulants market is segmented on the basis of active ingredients, crop type, application method, form, origin, end user, and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of active ingredients, North America biostimulants market is segmented into acid based, extract based, microbial amendments, protein hydrolysates, B-vitamins, chitin, chitosan, and others. In 2022, acid based segment is expected to dominate the market because of the advantages of biostimulant, which contains humic acid, fulvic acid, and advantages such as it increase productivity and growth of the plant, enhancing the fertility of the soil, and having less harmful effects on the ecosystem. Humic acid helps plants by maintaining nutrient availability, gas exchange between soil and atmosphere, and it also improves the fertility of the soil. Fulvic acid is responsible for the chelation of and mobilization of metal ions, including Fe and Al, which help the crops for easy absorption of nutrients. Along with these advantages, it is becoming the preference of many companies.
- On the basis of crop type, North America biostimulants market is segmented into fruits & vegetables, cereals & grains, turf & ornamentals, oilseeds & pulses, and other crops. In 2022, the fruits and vegetable segment is expected to dominate the North America biostimulants market due to the high production of fruits and vegetables in North America. Farmers are now focusing on producing varied types of fruits and vegetables to fulfill the growing demand of consumers. Thus, a high yield of fruits and vegetables requires a large quantity of biostimulants for excess productivity, which in result is expected to drive the demand of this segment.
- On the basis of application method, North America biostimulants market is segmented into foliar treatment, soil treatment, and seed treatment. In 2022, the foliar treatment segment is expected to dominate the market as it is highly preferable by farmers due to its advantages, including that it is easily absorbed by foliar parts of the plant, and it shows the immediate effect on affected parts.
- On the basis of form, North America biostimulants market is segmented into liquid and dry. In 2022, the liquid segment is dominating the market because it is easily absorbed in the soil to provide a good root system, better stems, and foliar development to make the crop more capable of abiotic stress. Liquid biostimulant can be applied on plants without any prior treatment with solvent.
- On the basis of origin, North America biostimulants market is segmented into natural biostimulants and synthetic biostimulants. In 2022, the natural biostimulants segment is expected to dominate due to its minimal harmful effect on the ecosystem as it is made up of natural resources, including seaweed and other plant material. The natural biostimulants maintain the fertility of the soil and prevent it from erosion.
- On the basis of end user, North America biostimulants market is segmented into farmers, related industries, and research institutes. In 2022, the farmers' segment is expected to dominate the market due to biostimulants used in higher quantities by farmers to increase the yield and growth of the crops in order to meet the demand for organic products from consumers. Farmers give preference to biostimulants due to their benefits for organic farming, and it is safe to use as it will not contaminate the ecosystem.
- On the basis of distribution channel, North America biostimulants market is segmented into direct and indirect. In 2022, the direct segment is expected to dominate the market because large-scale farming and related industries need a high amount of stimulating products, so they have co-ordination with biostimulants manufacturing companies, and hence it takes a higher share.
North America Biostimulants Market Country Level Analysis
North America biostimulants market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by the country, active ingredients, crop type, application method, form, origin, end user, and distribution channel. The countries covered in the North America biostimulants market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The U.S. is expected to account for the maximum share in the North America biostimulants market owing to factors such as the presence of a large number of companies providing biostimulants solutions. Canada accounts for the second-largest market as the region has witnessed increasing compliance regulations that need to be monitored during third-party contracts. Mexico is ranked third as the region has witnessed a high number of cyber-attacks that may hamper the confidentiality between the two companies.
The country section of the North America biostimulants market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export analysis are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Adoption of Biostimulants
North America biostimulants market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country's growth in the installed base of different kinds of products for North America biostimulants market, the impact of technology using lifeline curves and changes in requirement of abrasives products, regulatory scenarios, and their impact on the biostimulants market. The data is available for the historical period 2011 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and North America Biostimulants Market Share Analysis
The North America biostimulants market competitive landscape provides details by a competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, North America presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies' focus related to the North America biostimulants market.
Some of the major players operating in the report are biostimulants market are Eastman Chemical Company, OMEX, LALLEMAND Inc., Agrinos, Brandt Consolidated, Inc., FMC Corporation, Valagro SpA, Biolchim SPA, Isagro, Italpollina S.p.A., ADAMA Ltd, KOPPERT BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS, Haifa Group, Novozymes, ACADIAN SEAPLANTS LIMITED, ATLÁNTICA AGRICOLA, Trade Corporation International, MICROMIX, Syngenta, Bayer AG, UPL, and others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In August 2019, Marrone Bio Innovations acquired Pro Farm Technologies OY, a seed treatment, and fertilizer company. The acquisition has helped Marrone Bio to increase its market share in the seed- and soil-treatment market. With this acquisition, Marrone Bio has increased its product portfolio for seed and foliar treatments. The acquisition was made with an enterprise value of USD 31.8 million, and Marrone Bio Company has enhanced its presence worldwide
- In April 2019, Italpollina Inc. entered into an acquisition with Horticultural Alliance Inc., a Florida-based company engaged in providing plant health and maintenance solutions such as mycorrhizal inoculants, biostimulants beneficial bacteria, and water management gels. Italpollina already operates in more than 80 countries worldwide, and with this acquisition, it has achieved the goal of establishing operations in the U.S.
Partnership, joint ventures, and other strategies enhance the company's market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for the organization to improve their offering for the biostimulants market through the expanded product range.
Customization Available: North America Biostimulants Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market, and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.