North America Contrast and Imaging Agents in Interventional X-ray Market, By Agent Type (Iodinated Contrast Media, Barium-Based Contrast Media, Microbubble Contrast Media, Gold Nanoparticle Contrast Agents, Others), Application (Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Oncology, Urology, General Surgery), End User (Imaging Centers, Hospital, Clinics, Diagnostic Center, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Private Practices), Countries (U.S., Canada and Mexico) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026Contrast and imaging agents in interventional X-ray market plays an important role in improving the health-related issues in the healthcare sector. Contrast material, which is also known as contrast agents or contrast media, are used to improve image quality produced by X-rays, computed tomography (CT) and other imaging techniques. By using contrast materials radiologists can distinguish normal from abnormal conditions within the body.
Contrast agents or media doesn’t permanently discolour internal organs. Prior to the imaging exam, when the contrast agent is introduced in the body, these contrast materials forms some shape in the body which helps to appear different than that if no contrast agent is administered. Contrast agents or media help physicians diagnose medical conditions by improving the vision. The material is absorbed by the body or eliminated through urine or bowel movements. There are various ways to use contrast material such as swallowed (taken by mouth or orally), injected into a blood vessel (vein or artery; also called given intravenously or intra-arterially) and administered by enema (given rectally).
Different types of contrast materials are available including Iodine-based and barium-sulphate compounds used majorly in X ray and CT, Gadolinium which is used in magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and many others.
North America contrast and imaging agents in interventional X-ray market is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 5.3% in the forecast period 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Contrast and Imaging Agents in Interventional X-ray Market
North America contrast and imaging agents in interventional X-ray market is categorized into three segments which are agent type, application and end user.
- On the basis of agent type, the market is segmented into iodinated contrast media, barium-based contrast media, microbubble contrast media, gold nanoparticle contrast agents and others. In 2019, iodinated contrast media segment is expected to dominate the market share and expected to grow with the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In March 2017, GE Healthcare expanded its MRI contrast media product portfolio by launching a macrocyclic agent named Clariscan in Asia Pacific. This strategy helped the company to enhance its customer base and also expand their product portfolio.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into cardiology, gastroenterology, neurology, oncology, urology and general Surgery. In 2019, cardiology segment is expected to dominate the market share and expected to grow with the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into imaging centers, hospital, clinics, diagnostic center, ambulatory surgical centers and private practices. In 2019, imaging centers segment is expected to dominate the market share and expected to grow with the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Competitive Analysis: North America Contrast and Imaging Agents in Interventional X-ray Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are General Electric Company, Bracco, Lantheus Medical Imaging, Inc., Guerbet, FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc, Jodas Expoim, TAEJOON PHARM, Unijules Life Sciences Ltd., J.B.Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd., iMAX, Novalek Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd., Nano Therapeutics Pvt Ltd and among others.
- In December2018, GE launched its e-learning portal at Lagos Garage Week 2018 in Nigeria. This would help thousands of Nigerians with advanced manufacturing training program.
- In November 2018, GE and Dragos Industrial Controls Systems announced their collaboration. This would help the company to strengthen the industrial control systems.
- In May 2018, Shanghai Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd. (China) and Bracco Imaging signed a collaboration agreement on the research and development activities in China. This strategy focused on the exploitation of the potentialities of Bracco Imaging microbubbles technology platform for supporting the development of new Shanghai Pharmaceuticals therapeutic products in the oncologic field.
- In October 2017, Bracco Imaging acquired SurgVision (Netherlands). This acquisition helped the company to expand its innovative field of fluorescence imaging-guided surgery.
- In July 2018, IBM Watson Health (Massachusetts) and Guerbet announced a joint agreement for developing an artificial intelligence software solution for supporting liver cancer diagnostics using MRI and CT imaging, and care. This would help the company in expanding their product portfolio.
- In April 2018, Guerbet announced the acquisition of a microsphere technology which is developed by Occlugel (France) for strengthening its interventional imaging range.
- In November 2018, Lantheus Holdings announced the presence of Mary Anne Heino who is the President and CEO of the company at the BMO Prescriptions for Success Healthcare Conference on December 12 in New York City.
- In September 2018, Lantheus Holdings announced the presence of Mary Anne Heino who is the President and CEO and Robert Marshall who is the CFO and Treasurer of the company at the 2018 Cantor Fitzgerald Global Healthcare Conference on October 3 in New York City.
- In October 2016, FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc., received an award of commercial innovation of the year by WMIS. This award was given due to their continuous development of innovative products.
Research Methodology: North America Contrast and Imaging Agents in Interventional X-ray Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Radiologists and Cardiologists Doctors, Nurses, Medical practitioners, Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.