North America Dandruff Treatment Market, By Type (Fungal Dandruff, Dry Skin-Related Dandruff, Oily Scalp-Related Dandruff, Disease Related Dandruff), Mode of Prescription (OTC, Prescription), Product (Non-Medicated, Medicated), Drug Type (Branded, Generics), Age Group (Adults, Pediatrics, Neonates), Gender (Male, Female), End User (Homecare, Dermatology Centers, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Type (Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Pharmacies, Retail Stores, Online Stores, Others), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The dandruff treatment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 5.8% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 11.915.15 million by 2028. The increasing awareness regarding the scalp condition and the availability of products acts as key drivers for dandruff treatment market.
Dandruff is a scalp disorder which is identified by the presence of corneocytes that have the capacity to form clusters. These clusters have white to yellowish scales and cause itching at affected area. Dandruff mostly affects during puberty to middle age stage as this is the stage when sebaceous gland are at highly active stage. There are various causes associated with dandruff in which malassezia furfur, a fungi, becomes the dominating factor. Moreover, bacterial growth over the scalp damages the scalp stratum corneum.
The increasing number of malassezia species in environment acts as driver for dandruff treatment market growth. The availability of various dandruff treatment substitutes acts as restraint for the dandruff treatment market growth. The introduction of innovative products acts as an opportunity for the dandruff treatment market growth. The recall of anti-dandruff product acts as challenge for the dandruff treatment market growth.
The dandruff treatment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the dandruff treatment market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The dandruff treatment market is categorized into eight notable segments which are based on the type, mode of prescription, product, drug type, age group, gender, end user and distribution type. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into fungal dandruff, dry skin-related dandruff, oily scalp-related dandruff, disease related dandruff. In 2021, fungal dandruff segment is dominating as a fungus called Malassezia is considered to be the main cause of dandruff. Although dandruff can be caused by several simultaneous reasons, the level of a fungus is one of the strongest contributing factors. A large number of dandruff treatment products aim at restoring the microbiome of scalp and hence controlling the fungus
- On the basis of mode of prescription, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into OTC and prescription. In 2021, OTC segment is dominating as most of the dandruff treatment products can be used at home without any prescription. These products are used over the skin and do not enter the body, making them safe for self-supervision. The easy availability of these products also attribute to the high share of OTC products in the dandruff treatment market.
- On the basis of product, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into non-medicated and medicated. In 2021, non-medicated segment is dominating as more than 50% of adults are affected by this transient condition that does not cause any significant medical conditions. Most of the products for dandruff treatment are available over-the-counter and prove effective in controlling the symptoms.
- On the basis of drug type, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into branded and generics. In 2021, branded segment is dominating as most of the products constitute shampoos and oils manufactured by well-known global companies. Due to significant product promotion, consumer awareness is very high for several products making the branded products more common.
- On the basis of age group, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into adults, paediatrics and neonates. In 2021, adults segment is dominating as the dandruff effects 50% of adults over different time period primary due to fungus infection, dry scalp and sebum production. Moreover the number of adults affected by dandruff is very high as compared to paediatrics and neonates. Hence, adults are the primary users of dandruff treatment products.
- On the basis of gender, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into male and female. In 2021, male segment is dominating as in addition to fungus and dryness, higher sebum levels are also associated with the condition. Hence, more men are affected with dandruff as compared to women. This can be attributed to the changes in the activity of the sebaceous (oil) glands in the skin, such as the hike in sebum production around adolescence, increasing its likelihood.
- On the basis of end user, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into homecare, dermatology centers, specialty clinics and others. In 2021, homecare segment is dominating due to the self-administration nature of most products. The symptoms are easily recognizable and not medically detrimental. Hence, effected individuals tend to take care of themselves in most cases.
- On the basis of distribution type, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into supermarkets /hypermarkets, convenience stores, pharmacies, retail stores, online stores and others. In 2021, supermarkets /hypermarkets segment is dominating as the sources of highest sales of consumer products. These establishments have large varieties of dandruff treatment products ranging from simplest products to premium products and the consumer can choose as per requirement. As a result, consumers prefer supermarkets /hypermarkets due to availability of choices.
Dandruff Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The dandruff treatment market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, type, mode of prescription, product, drug type, age group, gender, end user and distribution type as referenced above.
The countries covered in North America dandruff treatment market report are the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
North America region holds the majority of the share in the dandruff treatment market and is expected to witness the CAGR during the forecast period due to increasing number of malassezia species in environment, increasing prevalence of HIV. The U.S. has the highest household spending in the world and offers trade agreements with several countries making it the largest market for consumer products including dandruff treatment products.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives by Manufactures is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Dandruff Treatment Market
Dandruff Treatment market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in dandruff treatment product sales, impact of advancement in the dandruff treatment and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the dandruff treatment market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Dandruff Treatment Market Share Analysis
The dandruff treatment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to dandruff treatment market.
The major companies providing dandruff treatment are Alliance Pharma PLC, Arcadia Consumer Healthcare, Vyome Therapeutics Inc., Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, L'ORÉAL, Sovereign Chemicals & Cosmetics, ACTICON LIFE SCIENCES, John Paul Mitchell Systems, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (A Subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.), JĀSÖN Natural Products, Inc. (A Subsidiary of Hain Celestial), Cipla Inc., PHYTO, Dabur, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited, Kao Corporation, L'OCCITANE EN PROVENCE INTERNATIONAL SA (A Subsidiary of Groupe L'OCCITANE), Procter & Gamble, Philip Kingsley Products Ltd., and Unilever among others among other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the dandruff treatment market.
- In September 2020, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA’s brand Syoss relaunched its salon expertise in haircare line. This hair care line is launched with new formula & shampoo bottles. This product launch will help the company in increasing its market share by penetrating in different geographic regions.
- In July 2020, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (A Subsidiary of Johnson &Johnson Services, Inc.) had expanded the haircare product portfolio with the launch of Neutrogena Healthy Scalp Collection. This haircare expansion was developed through an in-house collaboration at Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. between Neutrogena and the hair care experts at Vogue International.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the dandruff treatment market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for dandruff treatment.
Customization Available: North America Dandruff Treatment Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.