North America Health Insurance Market By Type (Products, Solutions), Services (Inpatient Treatment, Outpatient Treatment, Medical Assistance, Others), Level of Coverage (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum), Service Providers (Public Health Insurance Providers, Private Health Insurance Providers), Health Insurance Plans (Point of Service (POS), Exclusive Provider Organization (EPOS), Indemnity Health Insurance, Health Savings Account (HSA), Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangements (QSEHRAS), Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), Others), Demographics (Adults, Minors, Senior citizens), Coverage Type (Lifetime Coverage, Term Coverage), End User (Corporates, Individuals, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Sales, Financial Institutions, E-commerce, Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Health Insurance Market
North America health insurance market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 3.4% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 832,138.50 million by 2027. Increasing cost of providing healthcare services coupled with the demand for superior products in addition to already existing products are the primary factors driving the market growth.
In North America, especially the U.S., the public health insurance infrastructure is highly well-organised and making it the biggest market in the North America health insurance market. Although, there is a presence of global players, the market is dominated by few key market participants that operate predominantly in the local market.
This Health Insurance Market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Health Insurance Market Scope and Market Size
North America health insurance market is segmented on the basis of type, services, level of coverage, service providers, health insurance plans, demographics, coverage type, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you to analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- Based on type, the market is segmented into products and solution. The U.S. healthcare insurance market is the largest in the world; The United States continues to top the growth in health premiums in North America. For instance, the reinstatement of the health insurance tax overall growth in 2018 drove the overall growth of health insurance products in both private health insurance and Medicare.
- Based on services, the market is segmented into inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, medical assistance and others. Inpatient services are dominating the market as patients/beneficiaries seek higher volume of these services. For instance, as part of the affordable care act, American citizens have access to treatment coverage for addiction and mental health disorders. The treatments for these disorders account for large costs for long durations and covered entirely under inpatient treatment.
- Based on level of coverage, the market is segmented into bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Insurance policies with bronze level of coverage are dominating the market as a result of highest number of policies purchased. For instance, bronze plans are most preferred by people who rarely need visit the doctor and take generic prescriptions and it is observed that these kind of people account for majority of share of the population.
- Based on service providers, the market is segmented into public health insurance providers and private health insurance providers. Public health insurances are dominating the market as the government authorities in major health insurance markets including U.S. and Canada. For instance, Canadian citizens have public health insurance that covers most health care services including free emergency medical services. Every province and territory have different health plans to cover the health service requirements of citizens.
- Based on health insurance plans, the market is segmented into point of service (POS), exclusive provider organization (EPOS), indemnity health insurance, health savings account (HSA), qualified small employer health reimbursement arrangements (QSEHRAS), preferred provider organization (PPO), health maintenance organization (HMO) and others. POS are dominating the health insurance market in North America as the most covered plan in the U.S.; POS offers higher convenience, accessibility, and freedom as compared to other plans such as a wider choice of hospitals and doctors.
- Based on demographics, the market is segmented into adults, minors and senior citizens. Adults are dominating the market as working age adults across the U.S., Canada and Mexico are the primary receivers of employer sponsored or managed health insurance.
- Based on coverage type, the market is segmented into lifetime coverage and term coverage. As a large proportion of the health insured population is directly impacted by some form of public healthcare provision and authorities, there is very little scope of coverage for them. In most cases, they are entitled to lifetime renewal and coverage, being the citizens of the particular country.
- Based on end user, the market is segmented into corporates, individuals and others. Corporates are dominating the market due to regulations in several countries mandating employers to provide health insurance to all salaried employees. For instance, in the U.S., employers remain the primary source of health insurance provision covering nearly 153 million people.
- Based on distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct sales, financial institutions, e-commerce, hospitals, clinics and others. Direct sales are dominating the market as the preferred channel by corporates as well as public authorities for covering large number of beneficiaries at once. As corporate need large number of products for covering the employees, insurance providers are also keen on offering services personally instead through a bank or a third party organization.
Health Insurance Market Country Level Analysis
North America health insurance market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, services, level of coverage, service providers, health insurance plans, demographics coverage type, end user, and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Health Insurance market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America.
North America health insurance market is growing due to very well-established public healthcare system in the U.S. and Canada, coupled with employer based health insurance coverage in Mexico. The North American market is also benefitted with the presence of a large number of global players present in the market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Government Initiatives to Promote Health Insurances
North America health insurance market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth regarding different kind of products for health insurances market, impact of high cost of delivering medical services, regulatory scenarios and their impact on the health insurance market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Health Insurance Market Share Analysis
North America health insurance market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product width and breadth and growth. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America health insurance market.
The major players covered in the report are Unitedhealth Group, Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc. (A Subsidiary Of Anthem, Inc.), Aetna Inc. (A Subsidiary of CVS Health), Centene Corporation, Cigna, Allianz Care (A Subsidiary of Allianz), Axa, Assicurazioni Generali S.P.A., Bupa, AIA Group Limited, Aviva, BMI Healthcare, Broadstone Corporate Benefits Limited, HBF Health Limited, Healthcare International Global Network Ltd., International Medical Group, INC. (A Subsidiary Of Sirius International Insurance Group Ltd.), Mapfre, Now Health International, Oracle, VHI Group, Vitality Corporate Services Limited (A Subsidiary of Discovery Limited) among other players domestic and global. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In November 2019, UnitedHealth Group care opened member Medicare services centers at Walgreens stores in major metropolitan areas. UnitedHealthcare aims at serving the customers with the great services that customer’s expect from UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage program. This partnership helps towards delivering the customer service and knowledge at the convenience of a Walgreens store.
- In May 2019, Aetna Inc. announced that they have launched DNA testing for their European members as an optional part of the wellness plans they offered. The DNA testing provides detailed information regarding the health and lifestyle, including nutrigenomics, stress, fitness and sleep that will enable offering suitable products to the customer.
Partnership, collaboration and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for Health Insurances through expanded health insurance plans and policies.
Customization Available: North America Health Insurance Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.