North America Hyperspectral Imaging Systems Market, By Product (Cameras and Accessories), Scanning Techniques (Spatial Scanning, Spectral Scanning, Non-Scanning and Spatiospectral Scanning), Range (Less than 400 Nm, 400 Nm to 1700 Nm and More than 1700 Nm), Technology (Pushbroom (Line Scanning), Snapshot (Single Shot), Whiskbroom (Point Scanning) and Others), Application (Civil Engineering, Military Surveillance, Remote Sensing, Agriculture, Mining/Mineral Mapping, Environmental Monitoring, Life Sciences and Medical Diagnostics, Machine Vision and Optical Sorting, Food Processing, Mineralogy and Other Applications), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The North America hyperspectral imaging systems market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 18.4% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 2,433.25 million by 2028. Increased awareness and adoption of hyperspectral imaging technology for aerial remote sensing application and research is a major factor for the market's growth.
Hyperspectral Imaging is a spectroscopic technique that collects hundreds of images at different wavelengths over a linear spatial area. Hyperspectral imaging aims to collect spectra for each pixel in the sample to identify objects and processes. Hyperspectral imaging collects and processes information from across the electromagnetic spectrum. Hyperspectral imaging helps in identifying the chemical properties of materials, and thus differences in the materials can be analyzed. HSI systems are distinguished from color and multispectral imaging systems (MSI) in some main characteristics. Importantly the color and the MSI systems image the scene in just three to ten spectral bands while the HSI systems image in hundreds of co-registered bands. The technology has widespread applications in remote sensing, sorting industry, microscopy, military and defense applications, and agriculture. Hyperspectral imaging technology is becoming more popular and has spread into widespread ecology and surveillance, historical manuscript research, and others.
The factors driving the market are increasing government investments in hyperspectral satellite imaging and the surging utilization of airborne hyperspectral imaging solutions. The high cost associated with hyperspectral imaging restrains the North America hyperspectral imaging systems market growth. Leveraging AI in hyperspectral imaging for technological developments is one factor that opens lucrative opportunities for the market. Lack of skilled professionals is acting as a major challenge for the market growth.
This North America hyperspectral imaging systems market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief; our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The North America hyperspectral imaging systems market is segmented based on product, scanning techniques, range, technology, and application. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product, the North America hyperspectral imaging systems market has been segmented into cameras and accessories. In 2021, the cameras segment is expected to dominate the market, as the camera is the major product in the hyperspectral imaging system. Increased awareness and increasing regulators pressure on organizations are increasing the growth of hyperspectral imaging cameras in the North American region.
- On the basis of scanning techniques, the North America hyperspectral imaging systems market has been segmented into spatial scanning, spectral scanning, non-scanning, and spatiospectral scanning. In 2021, the spatial scanning segment is expected to dominate the market, as spatial scanning is one of the main methods used for hyperspectral data acquisition and provides high spectral resolution over a wide range of the spectrum. Spatial scanning is the reason for the usage of hyperspectral scanning, which fuels the adoption in the North American region.
- On the basis of range, the North America hyperspectral imaging systems market has been segmented into less than 400 nm, 400 nm to 1700 nm, and more than 1700 nm. In 2021, the 400 nm to 1700 nm segment is expected to dominate the market, as the range is the most commonly used for hyperspectral imaging in countries such as the U.S. in applications such as detection of contaminants in food, medical diagnostics, military surveillance, plastic recycling, and others.
- On the basis of technology, the North America hyperspectral imaging systems market has been segmented into pushbroom (line scanning), snapshot (single shot), whiskbroom (point scanning), and others. In 2021, pushbroom (line scanning) segment is expected to dominate the market as pushbroom technology is faster than any other, gathers more light, has better radiometric and spatial resolution, and is the most popular and widely adopted hyperspectral imaging approach in the North American region.
- On the basis of application, the North America hyperspectral imaging systems market has been segmented into remote sensing, military surveillance, machine vision and optical sorting, life sciences and medical diagnostics, agriculture, food processing, environmental monitoring, mining/mineral mapping, mineralogy, civil engineering, and other applications. In 2021, the remote sensing segment is expected to dominate the market as hyperspectral imaging in many applications such as agriculture, mineral exploration, environmental monitoring, and others for remote sensing. Moreover, increased awareness and adoption of hyperspectral imaging technology for aerial remote sensing application and research contributes to the growth of the segment in the North American region.
- On the basis of speed, the North America hyperspectral imaging systems market is segmented into up to 20 MHz, 20 MHz to 40 MHz, and more than 40 MHz.
- On the basis of number of taps, the North America hyperspectral imaging systems market is segmented into one tap and two taps.
North America Hyperspectral Imaging Systems Market Country Level Analysis
The North America hyperspectral imaging systems market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by country, product, scanning techniques, range, technology, and application.
The countries covered in the North America hyperspectral imaging systems market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The U.S. dominates the hyperspectral imaging systems market due to factors such as the strong presence of providers and the growing adoption of technological innovations in hyperspectral imaging systems. Moreover, increasing awareness benefits of hyperspectral imaging in commercial imaging applications acts as a market driver.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in market regulation that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of North American brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand for Hyperspectral Imaging Systems
The North America hyperspectral imaging systems market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country's growth in the industry with sales, components sales, the impact of technological development in hyperspectral imaging systems, and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the market. The data is available for the historical period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and North America Hyperspectral Imaging Systems Market Share Analysis
The North America hyperspectral imaging systems market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, North America presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points are only related to the companies' focus on the North America hyperspectral imaging systems market.
The major players covered in the North America hyperspectral imaging systems market are Imec VZW, Corning Incorporated, HORIBA, Ltd, Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., Thorlabs, Inc., BaySpec, Inc., Brandywine Photonics LLC, ChemImage Corporation, Cubert GmbH, CytoViva, Inc., Headwall Photonics, Inc., Hinalea Imaging, HyperMed Imaging, Inc., Norsk Electro Optik AS, Photon Etc. Inc, Physical Sciences Inc., Raptor Photonics, Resonon Inc., SPECIM, SPECTRAL IMAGING LTD., STEMMER IMAGING AG, Surface Optics Corporation, Teledyne Digital Imaging Inc. (A Subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated), Telops, XIMEA Group, and others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the growth of the North America hyperspectral imaging systems market.
- In April 2021, Headwall Photonics, Inc. announced the collaboration as an Industrial Practitioner Advisory Board member for NSF-funded Internet of Things for Precision Agriculture (IoT4Ag). NSF Engineering Research Center staff utilized Headwall's hyperspectral sensors by integrating them onto unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) systems to create data-driven models to capture and analyze plant physiology, soil properties, management, and environmental variations. This enhanced the company's presence in the agricultural technology community
- In February 2021, ChemImage Corporation announced the launch of a new feature for the VeroVision Mail Screener. The new feature provided inmate mail detection capability, which might contain sprayed methamphetamine and certain kinds of synthetic cannabinoids. VeroVision Mail Screener scans mail articles using near-infrared hyperspectral imaging technology to detect hidden illicit drugs and common cutting agents. With this, the company enhanced the ability of the user to reject suspicious mail in an unbiased manner. The increasing smuggling scenarios in prison has increased the demand for such technology
Partnership, joint ventures, and other strategies enhance the company's market share with increased coverage and presence. It also benefits the organization to improve its offering for hyperspectral imaging systems through an expanded range of sizes.