North America Organic Solar Cell (OPV) Market, By Type (Bilayer Membrane Heterojunction, Schottky Type, Others), Material (Polymers, Small Molecules), Application (BIPV & Architecture, Consumer Electronics, Wearable Devices, Automotive, Military & Device, Others), Physical Size (More than 140*100 mm square, Less than 140*100 mm square), End-User (Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Others), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico), Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
North America organic solar cell (OPV) market is expected to gain significant growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyzes that the market is growing with the CAGR of 13.3% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 131,118.76 thousand by 2028.
Organic solar cells or organic photovoltaic refer to multilayer photovoltaic device made with organic compounds able to convert solar energy into electricity. An organic solar cell is manufactured using carbon-based material and organic electronics instead of silicon as a semiconductor. Organic cells may also be referred to as plastic solar cells or polymers solar cells; compared to the crystalline silicon solar cells, the organic solar cells are made from compounds that can be dissolved in ink and printed onto plastics, this gives the organic solar cells the attribute of flexibility, light weight and easy incorporation in places or structures among others.
Major factors driving the growth of the North America organic solar cell (OPV) market are increasing trend of using renewable energy for power generation, increasing demand for building Integrated Photovoltaic products (BIPV), and ease in manufacturing and advantages of OPVs over silicon solar cells. Emerging indoor photovoltaic technologies for sustainable internet of things are creating opportunities for the growth of the market. Lack of awareness about technological developments in the field of organic cells is acting as the major restraint for North America organic solar cell (OPV) market growth. Stability problems in organic solar cells are acting as a major challenge for the growth of the market.
The North America organic solar cell (OPV) market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America organic solar cell (OPV) market is segmented on the basis of type, material type, application, physical size, and end-user. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the North America organic solar cell (OPV) market is segmented into bilayer membrane heterojunction, schottky type, and others. In 2021, bilayer membrane heterojunction segment is expected to dominate the market as in bilayer solar cells, many advances has been achieved through the use of various material combinations and the bilayer devices can exhibit good charge transport and power conversion efficiencies (PCEs).
- On the basis of material, the North America organic solar cell (OPV) market is segmented into small molecules and polymers. In 2021, polymers segment is expected to dominate the market as polymer solar cells are lightweight, potentially disposable and inexpensive to fabricate. They are flexible and customizable on the molecular level and potentially have less adverse environmental impact. Polymer solar cells also have the potential to exhibit transparency, suggesting applications in windows, walls, flexible electronics and others.
- On the basis of application, the North America organic solar cell (OPV) market is segmented into consumer electronics, BIPV & architecture, wearable devices, military & devices, automotive, and others. In 2021, BIPV & architecture segment is expected to dominate the market as organic solar cells offer high versatility, thus, installers and designers suggest using them in building integrated photovoltaic systems (BIPV), installing them while building in roofs or windows, reducing installation costs.
- On the basis of physical size, the North America organic solar cell (OPV) market is segmented into less than 140*100 mm square and more than 140*100 mm square. In 2021, more than 140*100 mm square is expected to dominate the market as the organic cells are generally being used in building architecture that requires large size OPV. Moreover, organic solar cells can be produced in large quantities due to their easy processability and low cost, and can be manufactured into thin films by a roll-to-roll process. Therefore, the organic solar cells have an advantage that flexible, large-sized electronic elements can be produced.
- On the basis of end-user, the North America organic solar cell (OPV) market is segmented into commercial, industrial, residential, and others. In 2021, commercial segment is expected to dominate the market as several commercial industries are applying such pioneering technology on remarkable and innovative devices. For instance, the German Pavilion presented an outstanding example of a self-sufficient energy installation through the integration of OPVs in the architecture of the building. Solar cells were placed on the pavilion’s membrane roofs to harvest energy during the day and then use it to illuminate the pavilion at night.
North America Organic solar cell (OPV) Market Country Level Analysis
North America organic solar cell (OPV) market is segmented on the basis of type, material type, application, physical size, and end-user.
The countries covered in North America organic solar cell (OPV) market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The U.S. accounted for maximum share in the North America organic solar cell (OPV) market owing to factors, such as presence of large number of companies providing organic solar cell (OPV) and setting of building architectures equipped with organic solar panels.
The country section of the North America organic solar cell (OPV) market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export analysis are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing adoption of Organic Solar Cell (OPV)
North America organic solar cell (OPV) market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for North America organic solar cell (OPV) market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in requirement of abrasives products, regulatory scenarios and their impact on the organic solar cell (OPV) market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and North America Organic solar cell (OPV) Market Share Analysis
The North America organic solar cell (OPV) market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, and technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America organic solar cell (OPV) market.
Some of the major players operating in the report are organic solar cell (OPV) market are Heliatek GmbH, ARMOR, infinityPV, Novaled GmbH, Sunew, NanoFlex Power Corporation, Moresco Corporation, Alfa Aesar, Ningbo Polycrown Solar Tech Co., Ltd, SHIFENG TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD., Solaris Chem Inc., Epishine, TOSHIBA CORPORATION, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., ENI S.p.A. among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In January 2020, NanoFlex Power Corporation announced the joint development agreement with True Metal Solutions (TMS), a building cladding fabricator and installer. According to the agreement, True Metal Solutions will use organic photovoltaic (OPV) thin-film material with cladding for building façades. The agreement aimed to generate clean power using OPV cladding that is scalable, easy to install, and change the construction tradecraft. With this agreement, the company was able to extend its offering in the façade market.
- In November 2018, ARMOR invested in new automated encapsulation equipment to increase volumes and be able to produce photovoltaic films with a larger surface area. Before this, the company used a pilot encapsulation plant to produce ASCA organic photovoltaic film modules. This enabled the company to ensure the encapsulation process is sound for the quality and longevity of the module. This enabled the company to enhance its product quality.