North America Pea Flour Market, By Category (Organic, Inorganic), Type of Peas (Green Peas, Yellow Peas), Application (Food & Beverages, Animal Feed, Household/Retail), Distribution Channel (Direct, Indirect), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Pea flour market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 6.9%in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 279,854.70 thousand by 2027. High utilization of pea based products especially ready to eat meal and beverage with highest nutritional composition have fuelled the market growth of pea flour.
Peasemeal (also called pea flour) is flour which is produced from yellow field peas that have been roasted. The roasting enables greater access to protein and starch increasing the nutritive value. Traditionally, the peas would be grounded three times using water-powered stone mills. The colour of the flour is brownish yellow due to the caramelization achieved during roasting, while the texture ranges from fine to gritty. The usages of pea’s meal are similar to maize meal in baking, porridge and quick breads. Pea’s meal has had a long history in Great Britain and is still used in Scotland for dishes such as brose and bannocks. Pea flour market is growing with factors such as growing demand from bakery and food & beverage sector, increasing inclination towards healthier option over traditional flour and high nutrient and other protein content in pea flour. However, the rising demand of oil-seed and nut based flour and digestion issue of pea flour may obstruct the growth of the pea flour market in the given forecast period.
The growing number of research and development in the field is providing an ample opportunities for the growth of pea flour market and it has been witnessed that it will rise drastically resulting in the growth for the pea flour market. The side-effects of pea flour such as causing occupational asthma have created challenges for the manufacturers dealing in the pea flour market.
The pea flour market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the pea flour market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Pea flour market is segmented on the basis of category, type of peas, application and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of category, the pea flour market is segmented into organic and inorganic. In 2020, inorganic segment occupied the highest market share due to factors such as high preference towards utilization of inorganic fertilizers to increase the yield of crop, enhances efficiency in crop protection and cost effectiveness.
- Based on type of peas, the pea flour market is segmented into green peas and yellow peas. In 2020, yellow peas dominate the pea flour market as they are an essential source of healthy carbohydrates, and phytoprotein. The demand for yellow peas has been increased owing to its nutritional content and enriched medicinal sources.
- On the basis of application, the pea flour market is segmented into food & beverages, animal feed and household/retail. In 2020, food & beverages segment dominates the pea flour market as pea flour is majorly preferred in cakes, bread and snacks, biscuits and convenience food due to its high protein value and intake by the consumer for the growth.
- Based on distribution channel, the pea flour market is segmented into direct and indirect. In 2020, direct segment dominate the pea flour market owing to healthy benefits, pea flour is used by food and pet food manufacturers, bakery and beverages manufacturers to provide gluten free pea flour based products.
North America Pea flour Market Country Level Analysis
The pea flour market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, category, type of peas, application and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the North America pea flour market report are the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- In North America, the U.S. have comprised the highest market share which is followed by Canada and Mexico. The high consumption of pea based products in the United States and their associated development of the food products such as breakfast cereals, snacks, ready to eat meals and drinks among American consumers have led their demand in the United States.
The country section of the report also provides individual Asia-Pacific market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North American brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing business expansion in terms of processing plants of peas in Canada is creating new opportunity for pea flour market
Pea flour market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with pea flour sales, impact of advancement in the pea flour and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the pea flour market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Pea Flour Market Share Analysis
Pea flour market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to pea flour market.
The major players covered in the pea flour market report are AGT Food and Ingredients, Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Batory Foods, Limagrain, Avena Foods, Limited, Barry Farm Foods, Woodland Foods, Ingredion Incorporated, ADM, Anchor Ingredients, Hearthy Foods, PAULA Ingredients andnd K2 Milling among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the pea flour market.
- In December 2017, AGT Food and Ingredients Inc. announced its terminal service agreement with the Fibreco Export Inc. to handle the transporting facilities of dry bulk storage, rail capacity to receive full unit trains, and a new shiploader. The agreement is going to benefit the company in increasing its sale and generating more income for the company.
- In March 2017, Anchor Ingredients established partnership with Beach Corporative Grain. Co, North Dakota. The new construction facility was provided by this partnership which comprises of processing of all pulse commodities for the domestic food and pet food industries and exports. It helps company to expand its geographical presence and provide wide range of processed pulses commodities.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the pea flour market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for pea flour products in the market.
Customization Available: North America Pea Flour Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies.We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.