U.K. Radiology Services Market by Type (Services, Product), Procedure (Conventional, Digital), Patient Age (Adults, Pediatric), Radiation Type (Diagnostics, Interventional Radiology), Application (Cardiology, Pelvic and Abdominal, Oncology, Neurology, Urology, Musculoskeletal, Gynecology, Dental, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospitals, Ambulatory Centers, Diagnostic Centers, Clinics, country (U.K.) Market Trends and Forecast to 2026.
Market Analysis and Insights: U.K. Radiology Services Market
U.K. radiology services market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 11.4% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026 and expected to reach USD 11,694.00 million by 2026. Increasing demand for diagnostic imaging as well as interventional radiology in the UK are the primary factors for the market growth in the country.
Radiology services play a crucial role in diagnosis of several diseases. Radiology services include different imaging exams including X-ray, MRI, ultrasound, CT scan and PET scan to create images that offer detailed information regarding the concerned body part. These images help doctors to gain a holistic perspective that will help them to make better decisions.
A significant increase in demand the demand for diagnostic imaging has been observed primarily driven by population increase and multi-morbidity. In the recent years, the growth of complex imaging has increased in U.K. as well. As per the clinical radiology UK workforce census report 2017, The volume of CT scans and MRI scans have increased 49% and 45% respectively from FY 2012/13 to FY 2017/18. On the other hand, the critical shortage of radiologists (both clinical and interventional) is hampering the optimum growth of radiology services market in the UK. However, this has provided scope for outsourcing of services to teleradiology companies (daytime and overnight). This in turn is expected to fuel the market.
This U.K. radiology services market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
U.K. Radiology Services Market Scope and Market Size
U.K. radiology services market is segmented of the basis of type, procedure, patient age, radiation type, application, and end users. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into services and products. Services segment dominates the market owing to increasing demand from growing population. The demand for complex imaging is also fuelling the radiology services in the U.K. Another factor fuelling the market is the percentage of elderly population in the country. As per the Office for National Statistics, in 2017, 62.9% of the UK population were aged 16 to 64 years as compared to 18.9% of the population being under 16 years old.
- On the basis of procedure, the market is segmented into conventional and digital. Conventional radiology procedures hold the highest market share due to the high volume of scans conducted every year. As per the NHS statistics U.K., plain radiography (X-ray) was most common with 22.9 million procedures in England in FY 2017/18 followed by ultrasound with 9.51 million.
- On the basis of patient age, the market is segmented into adults and paediatrics. Adults hold the majority share owing to increasing multi-morbidity associated to aging population. As per a study supported by National Institute for Health Research, two-thirds of adults aged over 65 in the UK are estimated to be living with multi-morbidity by 2035. This offers a lucrative market for radiology services.
- On the basis of radiation type, the market is segmented into diagnostics and interventional radiology. Diagnostic radiation holds the highest market share. The increasing number of patients suffering from chronic diseases coupled with government supported awareness programs to educate people regarding early diagnosis of chronic diseases is boosting the demand for diagnostic imaging in the U.K. As per the clinical radiology U.K. workforce census report 2017, the volume of images was 25.9 million for X-ray images, 5.9 million for CT and 4.0 million for MRI scans in the U.K., giving a total of 35.9 million images in 2017.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into cardiology, pelvic and abdominal, oncology, neurology, urology, musculoskeletal, gynaecology, dental, and others. Cardiology holds the largest share with the increasing number of cardiovascular diseases in the U.K. As per a public health England publication, cardiovascular diseases are the primary cause behind one in four premature deaths in the U.K. The high incidence and prevalence rate of these diseases in the U.K. is bolstering the radiology services in cardiology.
- On the basis of end users, the market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory centers, diagnostic centers and clinics. Hospital is dominating in the radiology services market as the demand for acute care services is fuelling the number of hospitals. As the number of hospitals is increasing, radiology services are increasing simultaneously making it the major segment in end-users.
U.K. Radiology Services Market Country Level Analysis
U.K. radiology services market is analysed and market size information is provided by country by type, procedure, patient age, radiation type, application, and end users as referenced above.
The countries covered in the radiology services market report is U.K.
U.K. has a well-established health system contributing significantly to the growth of radiology services market in the country. The National Health Service or NHS is a collection of each of the four separate and independent public healthcare providers in the United Kingdom including the National Health Service in England, Health and Social Care in Northern Ireland, NHS Scotland, and NHS Wales. The healthcare expenditure of the market is high with increasing expenditure on overtime, outsourcing and agency staff from £58.3mn 2013/14 to £88.2m in 2014/15.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives U.K. Radiology Services for Market Acquisition
U.K. radiology services market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in radiology services market, volume of imaging exams, impact of technological development and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the radiology services market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape U.K. Radiology Services Market Share Analysis
U.K. radiology services market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, production capacities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product width and breadth, application dominance. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to the company’s focus related to U.K. radiology services market.
The major players covered in the report are Koninklijke Philips N.V., Siemens, GE Healthcare, Medica Reporting Ltd., Sonic Healthcare, 4ways Limited, Everlight Radiology, Althea UK, InHealth Group, Global Diagnostics, Healius Limited, Alliance Medical, Vital Radiology Services, DMC Healthcare, I-MED Radiology Network and others among other players domestic. UK radiology services market share data is available for U.K. radiology Services market. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the U.K. radiology services market.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for U.K. radiology services through expanded model range.
Customization Available : U.K. Radiology Services Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.