Asia Functional Flour Market, By Category (GMO, Non GMO), Source (Cereals, Legumes, Potato, Tapioca, Chia, Others), Grade (Food Grade, Feed Grade), Application (Bakery and Confectionery Products, Convenience Food, Sports Nutrition, Infant Formula, Meat, Poultry and Seafood, Animal Feed, Beverages, Nutritional Bar, Nutritional Supplements, Dairy Products), Technical Type (Heat Treated Flour, Extrusion Processing, Drum Drying, Others), Country (India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Pakistan, Philippines, Thailand, and Malaysia) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia Functional Flour Market
Functional flour market is expected to gain strong market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 7.6% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 12,446.66 million by 2027. The major factors driving the growth of the market are increasing demand for healthy food products among consumers to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Functional flour is the processed flour or specialty flour that offers five times higher water-binding capacity than conventional flour. This flour is derived through the hydro-thermally treatment which includes roller drying, thin layer drying and extrusion. An improved nutritional benefit offered by the functional flour with low fat that supports the healthy diet is increasing its consumption and demand of functional flour in the Asia functional flour market. It is derived from the natural process to offer additive-free content and high-fiber food products. It has wide application in several food industries for instance loaf bread, baguettes, rustic crusty bread, pizza, sourdough, and others owing to low fat and improved natural content.
Increased sale of functional food owing to panic buying among customers due to pandemic disease called as COVID-19 is major factor driving the growth of the market. However, regulatory issues and rules can prove to be a restraint for the market growth in the forecast period.
The increasing spending capacity of Asian consumers owing to the increased disposable income is augmenting the market growth. Stringent regulation imposed by the government is restraining the growth of the Asia functional flour market.
This functional flour market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia Functional Flour Market Scope and Market Size
Functional flour market is segmented on the basis of category, grade, source, application, and technical type. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of category, Asia functional flour market is segmented into GMO and non GMO. In 2020, GMO accounted for largest market share in category segment as manufacturers prefer the GMO crops for functional production owing to the low price of raw material.
- On the basis of source, Asia functional flour market is segmented into cereals, legumes, potato, tapioca, chia, and others. In 2020, cereals segment dominates the source segment as cereals are mostly used in the bakery and confectionary application which are daily consumable food for humans. In addition, easy availability of the cereals with lower price comparing to others is further supplementing the segment growth.
- On the basis of grade, Asia functional flour market is segmented into food grade and feed grade. In 2020, food grade segment is dominating the market as it has a major use in the bakery and beverage products that are required and consumed more by the consumers. The functional flour offers health benefits for which consumers are ready to spend extra money as a part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- On the basis of application, Asia functional flour market is segmented into bakery and confectionery products, convenience food, dairy products, beverages, infant formula, sports nutrition, nutritional bars, meat poultry and seafood, nutritional supplements and animal feed. In 2020, bakery and confectionery products dominate the application segment as consumers prefer low fat, low calorie flour to maintain the health. Increasing adoption in the bakery products such as bread, cookies, cakes among others are driving the segment growth for the application segment.
- On the basis technical type, Asia functional flour market is segmented into heat treated flour, extrusion processing, drum drying, and others. In 2020, drum drying have comprised the highest market share due to the affordability and convenience in terms of processing the local manufacturers as it is one of the traditional method used by flour processors and regulation passed by government authorities to fortify the day to day flour have led their demand among non-registered manufacturers.
Functional Flour Market Country Level Analysis
Functional flour market is analysed and market size information is provided by category, grade, source, application, and technical type as referenced above.
- On the basis of country, the market is segmented into India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Pakistan, Philippines, Thailand, and Malaysia.
India is dominating the Asia functional flour market followed by Indonesia, and Vietnam among other countries due to the major consumption and awareness in these countries. There is a growing change of preference in the food consumption such as organic and gluten free flour demand is rising which is driving the growth of this market. India is dominating the country owing to the high production of the cereals and enhanced spending on functional food from consumers. Indonesia is also leading the market with second rank owing to the high production of the raw material crops and grains. In Vietnam, consumers changing attitude towards healthy lifestyle and increased spending capacity owing to rising disposable income is augmenting the market growth for country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increased Use in Bakery Products is Boosting the Demand of the Market in the Forecast Period
Functional flour market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in functional flour and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the functional flour market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Functional Flour Market Share Analysis
Functional flour market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to functional flour market.
The major players covered in the report are General Mills Inc., Ingredion Incorporated, ADM, AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG, ARDENT MILLS, Bunge Limited, SunOpta, ABF Ingredients, Limagrain – Ingrédients, Bakels Sweden, and Mühlenchemie GmbH & Co. KG among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch initiated by the companies worldwide are accelerating the growth of functional flour market.
- In November 2017, Ingredion Incorporated introduced new HOMECRAFT named functional flour rice sourced functional flour for the Asian market. It is used in the food products such as beverages, soups and sauces. With this, the company increased their customer base and market presence in Asia.
Production expansion, partnership and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company presence in the functional flour market which also provides the benefits for organization to improve their offering for functional flour.