Asia-Pacific Edible Oil Market, By Type (Palm Oil, Soybean Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil, Peanut Oil, Specialty Blended Oil, Olive Oil, Corn Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Avocado Oil, Walnut Oil, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Others), Package Type (Tinplate Containers, HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) Containers, PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride) Bottles, PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Bottles, Glass Bottles, Semi – Rigid Containers, Flexible Plastic Pouches, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct, Indirect), End User (Domestics, Industrial, Food Service, Others), Country (China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, New Zealand, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Asia-Pacific edible oil market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 7.7% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 73,337.48 million by 2027. During this pandemic of COVID-19, people are becoming more health conscious and demanding healthier products that would help them to maintain good health which is projected to drive the demand for highly nutritious edible oils such olive oils and peanut oil lead to the growth of the edible oil market.
Several numbers of countries are involved in the production of oilseeds and therefore there is abundant availability of raw material for consistent production of edible oils. Easy availability of raw material reduces the expenses of transportation as well as aids in large scale production of edible oil which helps in reduction of overall production cost. According to Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the estimated soybean and oilseed production in 2020 is expected to be 368.5 Mt and other oilseeds are expected to be 155.3 Mt. Thus, sufficient availability of raw materials across the Asia-Pacific is one of the major factors that have been driving the growth of Asia-Pacific edible oil market.
The increasing prices of edible oil and decreased income of the people owing to the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to restrict the growth of the edible oil market. The spread of the COVID-19 pandemic across the world has made people more concerned about their health and demanding clean edible oil products which are expected to create growth opportunities for edible oil market. The presence of large number of players in the market is creating a challenge for new entrants in the edible oil market in the above mentioned period.
This edible oil market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the edible oil market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The edible oil market is segmented on the basis of type, package type, distribution channel and end user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the edible oil market is segmented into palm oil, soybean oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, peanut oil, specialty blended oil, olive oil, corn oil, flaxseed oil, avocado oil, walnut oil, pumpkin seed oil, grapeseed oil and others. In 2020, soybean oil segment dominates the edible oil market owing to manufacturers large product portfolio related to soybean oil.
- On the basis of package type, the edible oil market is segmented into tinplate containers, HDPE (high density polyethylene) containers, PVC (poly vinyl chloride) bottles, PET (polyethylene terephthalate) bottles, glass bottles, semi – rigid containers, flexible plastic pouches and others. In 2020, tinplate containers segment is dominating the edible oil market owing to less weight which makes it easy to store and ship.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the edible oil market is segmented into direct and indirect. In 2020, indirect segment is dominating the edible oil market because indirect sales channel lowers sales and marketing cost and eliminates the problems of managing distribution logistics
- On the basis of end user, the edible oil market is segmented into domestics, food service, industrial and others. In 2020, domestics segment is dominating the edible oil market owing to consumers demand for the use in various food products.
Asia-Pacific edible oil market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, package type, distribution channel and end user as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Asia-Pacific edible oil market report are the China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, New Zealand, Vietnam and rest of Asia-Pacific.
- In Asia-Pacific edible oil market, China has dominated the market with highest market due to growth in the agriculture industry particularly the production of oilseeds. India and Indonesia are also expected to dominate the market and grow with substantial growth rate as these countries are known as popular hub for oilseeds production owing to their favourable atmosphere. The spread of the COVID-19 may affect the market owing to the government’s restrictions such as lockdown and restrictions on transportation.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand for Fortified Edible Oils in the Market
Asia-Pacific edible oil market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in edible oil and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the edible oil market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Edible Oil Market Share Analysis
Asia-Pacific edible oil market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Asia-Pacific presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Asia-Pacific edible oil market.
The major players covered in the Asia-Pacific edible oil market report are ADM, Adani Group, Cargill, Incorporated, AJANTA SOYA LIMITED, Bunge North America, Inc. (Bunge Limited), Hebany Group, Olympic Oils Ltd., Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd., NGO CHEW HONG EDIBLE OIL PTE LTD (a subsidiary of Mewah Group), SOVENA among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of edible oil market.
- In April 2020, Adani Group’s subsidiary Adani Wilmar partnered with Swiggy based in India for delivery of food products including oil products to customers due to the national lockdown because of COVID-19 pandemic. This partnership has helped the company to reach its customer base to offer its products and earn revenue.
Partnership, new product development and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for edible oil.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Edible Oil Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.