Asia-Pacific Excipients Market, By Origin (Organic, Inorganic), Category (Primary Excipients, Secondary Excipients), Products (Polymers, Sugars, Alcohols, Minerals, Gelatin, Others), Chemistry Type (Plant, Animals, Synthetic, Minerals), Chemistry Synthesis (Lactose Monohydrate, Sucralose, Polysorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetosteary Aclohol, Soy Lecithin, Pregelatinized Starch, Others), Functionality (Binders and Adhesives, Disintegrants, Coating Material, Coloring Agents, Solubilizers, Flavors, Sweetening Agents, Diluents, Lubricants, Buffers, Emulsifying Agents, Preservatives, Antioxidants, Sorbents, Solvents, Emollients, Glidients, Chelating Agents, Antifoaming Agents, Others), Dosage Form (Solid, Semi-Solid, Liquid), Route of Administration (Oral Excipients, Topical Excipients, Parenteral Excipients, Other Excipients), End User (Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Companies, Contract Formulators, Research Organization and Academics, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Retail Sales, Others), Country (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, and Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends & Forecast to 2028
Asia-Pacific excipients market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 7.1% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 1,725.27 million by 2028 from USD 1,024.70 million in 2020. Increasing demand for alternative routes of delivery/dosage forms and increasing need for pharmaceutical products across varied therapeutic areas are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Pharmaceutical excipients involve everything in a drug except that of the active pharmaceutical ingredients. These molecules don’t possess any medicinal property and are ultimately used for enhancing the physiological absorption of the drug. Excipients are inert in nature and it allows the drug molecule to apply to patients in the right form. Traditionally the excipients were simple molecules but the innovation in technology and increasing demand for novel drug delivery systems enhanced the excipients complexity as well. Excipients promote the patient’s drug acceptability and boost up the drug stability and its bioavailability. Moreover, excipients help in the maintenance of drug integrity that helps in drug storage.
Major drivers for the growth of excipients market are technological advancement in multifunctional excipients, increasing need of pharmaceutical product across varied therapeutic area and increasing demand & availability of generic drugs. However, the factors restraining the market growth are stringent regulation and long duration of drug development process.
The excipients market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific excipients market is categorized into ten notable segments which are based on origin, category, products, chemistry type, chemical synthesis, functionality, dosage forms, route of administration, end user and distribution channel.
- On the basis of origin, excipients market is segmented into organic and inorganic. In 2021, organic origin holds the highest market share due non-toxic characteristic of organic chemicals used as excipients. Organic excipients are freely available and less expensive and used in majority of pharmaceutical formulations. The demand for environment friendly excipients is also impacting the segment positively.
- On the basis of category, excipients market is segmented into primary excipients and secondary excipients. In 2021, primary excipients are dominating the market as the segment includes fillers, adhesives, lubricants and other crucial excipients.
- On the basis of products, excipients market is segmented into polymers, sugars, alcohols, minerals, gelatin and others. In 2021, polymers are dominating the market because polymers are used as gelatin shells in the manufacturing of capsules. These are used to offering great formulation advantages including slow /controlled release of the drug. These are also used for targeting of drugs to the site of action.
- On the basis of chemistry type, excipients market is segmented into plant, animals, synthetic and minerals. In 2021, plant segment is dominating the market due to less expensive, non-toxic nature.
- On the basis of chemical synthesis, excipients market is segmented into lactose monohydrate, sucralose, polysorbate, benzyl alcohol, cetosteary aclohol, soy lecithin, pregelatinized starch and others. In 2021, lactose monohydrate is dominating the market due to its multiple properties. Lactose monohydrate is used as sweetener, stabilizer and filler in the pharmaceutical industries. Fillers like lactose monohydrate bind to the active drug in a medication so that it can formed into a pill or tablet that can be easily swallowed.
- On the basis of functionality, excipients market is segmented into binders and adhesives, disintegrants, coating material, disintegrants, solubilizers, flavors, sweetening agents, diluents, lubricants, buffers, emulsifying agents, preservatives, antioxidants, sorbents, solvents, emollients, glidients, chelating agents, antifoaming agents, others. In 2021, binders and adhesives is dominating the market due to its properties. Binder excipients are formulated to act as an adhesive to literally bind together powders, granules and dry ingredients. They can also give volume to low active dose tablets. Commonly used in wet granulation, binders are added to create a more effective and predictable granule formulation.
- On the basis of dosage forms, excipients market is segmented into solid, semi-solid and liquid. In 2021, solid segment is dominating the market due to most of excipients are used in manufacturing of solid dosage form. API are used in manufacturing of solid dosage form is in low quantity. So, excipients are used for improving the stability and increasing the volume of dosage form.
- On the basis of route of administration, excipients market is segmented into oral excipients, topical excipients, parenteral excipients, other excipients. In 2021, oral segment dominates in the excipients market as a majority of drugs including the first line therapy are available in the oral form with highest effectiveness having strong onset of action.
- On the basis of end user, excipients market is segmented into pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies, contract formulators, research organization and academics, others. In 2021, pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies hold the due to most of excipients are used in Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical companies because these companies are responsible for the production of medicines in all dosage forms such as solid, semi-solid and liquid. Excipients are used in manufacturing of these dosage form of medicines.
- On the basis of distribution channel, excipients market is segmented into direct tender, retail sales, others. In 2021, direct tender are dominating in the market as the primary source of distribution of excipients. The end users of excipients are pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies. They use the excipients in bulk quantity for the manufacturing of medicines. So, there companies did direct tender with the excipients companies for further manufacturing.
The excipients market is analysed and market size information is provided on basis of ten notable segments which are by origin, category, products, chemistry type, chemical synthesis, functionality, dosage forms, route of administration, end user and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the excipients market report are the China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, and rest of Asia-Pacific.
- In Asia-Pacific, China is expected to grow with the fastest CAGR of 7.1% in the forecasted periods due to innovations in biopharmaceuticals, rising focus on orphan drugs, and technological advancements in multifunctional excipients.
- In China, the organic segment is growing due to high availability of raw material necessary for making organic excipient with less or no toxicity. In India, the organic segment is growing due to increasing adoption of these excipients by the major manufacturer in India which is boosting the growth of the market. In Japan, the organic segment is growing due to the fact that Japan procure organic excipient from other countries due to which the market for organic segment increases in Japan.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic initiatives by market players is creating new opportunities in the excipients market
Excipients market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in excipients, impact of advancement in global excipients and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the global excipients market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Excipients Market Share Analysis
Excipients market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Asia-Pacific excipients market.
The major companies providing excipients are DOW, JRS Pharma, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., BASF SE, Evonik Industries AG, Roquette Frères, The Lubrizol Corporation, Ashland, Chemische Fabrik Budenheim KG, and Colorcon among others.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the Asia-Pacific excipients market.
- In November 2017, BASF SE has entered into an agreement with DIEM labs, LLC for the distribution of U.S. medical food product. This agreement will expand the product portfolio of the company
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Excipients Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.