Europe Cosmetics Market, By Product Type (Skin Care, Hair Care, Make Up, Fragrances, and Others), Nature (Inorganic, Organic), Category (Mass Product, Premium Product, and Professional Product), Packaging Type (Bottles and Jars, Tubes, Containers, Pumps & Dispensers, Sticks, Aerosol Cans, Pouches, Blisters, and Strip Packs), Distribution Channel (Offline, Online), Application (Women, Men), Country (U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, Belgium, Turkey, Rest of Europe), Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029.
Market Analysis and Insights: Europe Cosmetics Market
Europe cosmetics market is expected to gain significant growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyzes that the market is growing with the CAGR of 5.2% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and expected to reach USD 81,537.16 million by 2029.
Cosmetics are used to enhance the beauty and physical appearance of a personage. Chiefly, these cosmetic products are manufactured from artificial sources. The purpose of cosmetic products is mainly intended for external cleaning, perfumes, changing appearances, correct body odor, protect skin, and conditioning among others. Ranging from antiperspirants, fragrances, make-up, and shampoos, to soaps, sunscreens, and toothpastes, cosmetics and personal care products play an essential role in in all stages of a consumer’s life.
Major factors driving the growth of the global cosmetics market are rising awareness regarding skin care routine, innovative product branding and advertising strategies. Increasing developments in sustainable cosmetics are creating opportunities for the growth of the market. However, growing awareness regarding side effects of synthetic chemicals is acting as a major restraint for the market growth. Increasing movement across consumers for transparency and traceability of ingredients used in products are acting as a major challenge for the growth of the market.
Europe cosmetics market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe Cosmetics Market Scope and Market Size
Europe cosmetics market is segmented into six notable segments based on product type, nature, category, packaging type, distribution channel, and application.
- On the basis of product type, the Europe cosmetics market is segmented into skin care, hair care, fragrances, make up, and others. In 2022, skin care segment is expected to dominate the market as the surge in the e-commerce sector has boosted the overall consumer goods market. Increasing demand for face creams, sunscreens, and body lotions across the globe is expected to drive the segment growth in the region
- On the basis of nature, the Europe cosmetics market is segmented into organic and inorganic. In 2022, inorganic segment is expected to dominate the market as inorganic cosmetics products come in product variety of categories and are in the market for a long time. Innovative advertising strategies and product branding are further driving the growth of this segment.
- On the basis of category, the Europe cosmetics market is segmented into mass product, premium product, and professional product. In 2022, mass product segment is expected to dominate the market as these products are utilized by a larger section of the consumer in the region. The low prices of these products as compared to premium products further drive the demand in the segment
- On the basis of packaging type, the global cosmetics market is segmented into bottles and jars, tubes, containers, pouches, sticks, pumps & dispensers, blisters and strip packs, and aerosol cans. In 2022, bottles and jars segment is expected to dominate the market as bottles and jars made of glass are popular for packaging emulsions since they ease the product's removal with the fingers.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the Europe cosmetics market is segmented into offline and online. In 2022, offline segment is expected to dominate the market as there is an increasing demand among the urban population to buy their beauty product in person from outlets.
- On the basis of application, the Europe cosmetics market is segmented into women and men. In 2022, women segment is expected to dominate the market due to evolving lifestyle of women in the region. Further, increasing awareness regarding the variety of products in the market owing to social media advertising is further driving the segment growth.
Europe Cosmetics Market Country Level Analysis
Europe cosmetics market is analysed and market size information is provided based on product type, nature, category, packaging type, distribution channel, and application.
The countries covered in the Europe cosmetics market report are Germany, U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, Belgium, Turkey, Luxemburg and Rest of Europe.
Germany is dominating the market in Europe region due to surge in ecommerce and online platforms for cosmetics products I the region.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Cosmetics
Europe cosmetics market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in Cosmetics and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Cosmetics market. The data is available for historic period 2012 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and Europe Cosmetics Market Share Analysis
Europe cosmetics market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, and technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Europe Cosmetics market.
Some of the major players covered in the report are Procter & Gamble, L'Oreal S.A., The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., Coty Inc., Shiseido Company, Limited, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Kao Corporation, Beiersdorf Group, Unilever, Amorepacific, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Revlon, Inc., LVMH, Oriflame Cosmetics Global SA, Espa, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Mary Kay, Natura&Co, CHANEL, KOSÉ Corporation among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are accelerating the growth of Europe cosmetics market.
- In August 2021, Beiersdorf Group’s Eucerin brand announced the launch of two additional products from its DERMOPURE series for acne-prone skin. The two products were Eucerin DERMOPURE TRIPLE EFFECT SERUM with Thiamidol and the DERMOPURE PROTECTIVE FLUID SPF 30. The product combination offered an effective solution to reduce and prevent post-acne marks and blemishes and control shine. This enhanced the company’s product portfolio in the market.
- In September 2021, CHANEL launched a new sustainable cap for perfume bottles, made with Finland’s Sulapac. It took the company 47 prototypes in two years for finalizing the new biodegradable cap made with 91 percent plant-based materials. With this, the company aimed at tackling global pollution by alternatives to fossil-based plastics. This enabled the company to enhance its commitments to sustainability.
Customization Available: Europe Cosmetics Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.