Market Analysis: Global Autoimmune Disease Treatment Market
Global autoimmune disease treatment market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 7.60% in the forecasted period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed due to enhancement in autoimmune diagnosis and technology advancement in the industry.
Market Definition: Global Autoimmune Disease Treatment Market
Autoimmune diseases develop when body’s immune system recognizes the healthy body cells as foreign cells, and when immune system produces auto-antibodies that attack and destroy healthy tissues in the body rather than infectious agents. The disease is the hyperactive immune response against the substances and tissues normally present in the body and these are generally caused by genetic, infectious or environmental factors. It may leads to abnormal organ growth and changes in the functions of the organs. Available treatments for it are chemical-based drugs such as immunosuppressant, corticosteroids and NSAID.
- Increasing awareness about healthcare will drive the market
- Increasing investments in R&D in pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors.
- Availability of various alternatives for treatment is driving market
- Growing awareness about autoimmune diseases among consumers is driving the market
- Lack of skilled technicians acts as restraints for the market growth.
- Dearth of understanding regarding the basic etiology of various autoimmune diseases is restraining the market growth.
Segmentation: Global Autoimmune Disease Treatment Market
By Product Type
- B cell inhibitors
- T cell inhibitors
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Inhibitors
- Interleukin Inhibitors
- Beta Interferons
- Graves Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hashimotos Thyroidtis
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Pernicious Anemia
By Distribution Channels
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
- Drug Stores
- Crohn’s Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Psoriasis, Ankylosing Spondylitis
By Mechanism Of Action
- TNF Inhibitors
- IL Blockers
- COX Inhibitors
- Phosphodiesterase Type 4 Inhibitors
- Autoantibody Tests
- Antinuclear Antibody Tests
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate
- Physical Therapy
- Diagnostic Equipment
- Therapeutic & Monitoring Equipment
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2018, Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc. announced its acquisition with TxCell S.A. for autoimmune disease. CAR-T therapies use killer T cells, which attack and kill cancer cells or damaged and diseased cells. This will enable Sangamo to utilize its CAR-T technology to prevent organ transplant rejections and treat autoimmune disease and even develop wide product portfolio in order to serve more efficiently. Such merger and acquisition enables the market expansion of autoimmune disease in the forecasting future.
- In March 2016, Bristol-Myers Squibb announced its acquisition with Padlock Therapeutics, Inc, so that they can create new medicines for the treatment of destructive autoimmune diseases. This combination will enable the company focuses on the development of potentially transformational treatment approaches for patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). This acquisition will benefit Bristol-Myers Squibb in adding product portfolio and enable better services.
Global autoimmune disease treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of autoimmune disease treatment market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global autoimmune disease treatment market are Autoimmune Inc, Siemens Healthcare Private Limited, LUPIN., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, Beckman Coulter, Inc, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Biogen, Bayer AG, Genentech, Inc, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, AstraZeneca, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Pfizer Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Amgen Inc., Abbott and others.
Research Methodology: Global Autoimmune Disease Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global autoimmune disease treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)