Global Cancer Cachexia Market, By Therapeutics (Progestogens, Corticosteroids, Combination Therapies, Others), Mechanism of action (Appetite Stimulators, Weight Loss Stabilizers, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Stores, Retail Pharmacy Stores, Online Pharmacy), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)–Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Cancer Cachexia Market
The Global Cancer Cachexia Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 1.81 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 2.72 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 5.2% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the rising geriatric population over the world and prevalence of demand of arthroscopy in these populations.
Market Definition: Global Cancer Cachexia Market
Cancer cachexia is a syndrome characterized due to anorexia, weight loss, anemia and asthenia. The pathogenicity of cancer cachexia is multifactorial because of its complex interaction between host and tumor. The patients suffer from cancer cachexia due to the excess starvation for weight loss and other symptoms such as excess expenditure of energy by the body, anorexia and anemia.
Market Drivers: Global Cancer Cachexia Market
- Increasing prevalence of cachexia amongst population leading the growth of the market
- Rising pipeline products for cachexia cancer expect to fuel the growth of the market
- Stringent regulatory requirements and long procedure for FDA approval acts as the major restraining factor for the growth of the market.
- Lack of awareness regarding the cachexia cancer cans restraint the market.
Segmentation: Global Cancer Cachexia Market
- By Therapeutics
- Combination Therapies
- By Mechanism of action
- Appetite Stimulators
- Weight Loss Stabilizers
- By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Stores
- Retail Pharmacy Stores
- Online Pharmacy
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In November 2018, National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant to National Cancer Institute (NCI) to research for APX3330 for the treatment of cancer cachexia.
Competitive Analysis: Global Cancer Cachexia Market
The global cancer cachexia market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of cancer cachexia market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Cancer Cachexia Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the Æterna Zentaris Inc., Alder BioPharmaceuticals Inc., Aphios Corp., Eli Lilly and Co., GTx Inc., Helsinn Group, Merck & Co. Inc., Novartis AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., XBiotech Inc., Marsala Biotech Inc., Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Inc., Astellas Pharma Inc., AstraZeneca PLC, Biotest AG, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Boston Biomedical, InteRNA Technologies B.V., ISU ABXIS Co.,Ltd., AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc and Jiangsu Kanion Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Cancer Cachexia Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global cancer cachexia market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)