Global Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Market By Type of disease (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS), Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorder (ARND), Alcohol-Related Birth Defects (ARBD)), Treatment Type (Medication, Behaviour and Education Therapy), End-User (Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct, Retail), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Market
Global fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) market is expected to rise with substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased development of novel drugs for fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD).
Market Definition: Global Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Market
Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs) is a type of condition which mainly occurs in a person whose mother consumed alcohol during their pregnancy. This disorder effects includes physical, behavioural and learning problems. Sometimes, a FASD person can have a mix of all problems. According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services report, approximately 0.2 to 1.5 infants of every 1,000 live births are suffering from FAS.
The symptoms includes deformities of joints, limbs and fingers, small head circumference and brain size, vision difficulties or hearing problems among others.
- Increasing alcohol consumption during pregnancy is the major factor enhancing the growth of this market
- Increasing awareness about FASD is also expected to boost the growth of the market
- Stringent regulatory policies is another factor restricting the market growth
- Unavailability of the medication; this factor is expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Market
By Type of Disease
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS)
- Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorder (ARND)
- Alcohol-Related Birth Defects (ARBD)
By Treatment Type
- Anti-anxiety drugs
- Behaviour and Education Therapy
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Adoption UK Scotland has launched a fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) support service. The UK holds fourth position of the worldwide burden of prenatal alcohol use. This service will help in the in creating new opportunities for the growth of the market
- In June 2019, Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) has launched online course for alcohol consumption during pregnancy. This is new course from the PAHO which trains the health care workers required for the identification of alcohol use in pregnant women. This will help in creating awareness among the patients and will also help in strengthening the market
Global fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) market are Novo Nordisk A/S, Sanofi, Pfizer Inc., Momenta Pharmaceuticals, LEO Pharma A/S, Igenomix, Laboratoire français de Fractionnement et de Biotechnologies, Natera, Inc., Perrigo Company plc, Bayer AG, Eli Lilly and Company, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved