Global GMO Testing Market By Trait (Stacked, Herbicide Tolerance, Insect Resistance), Crop Tested (Corn, Soy, Rapeseed/Canola, Potato, Others), Technology (Genetic Analysis, Immuno-Analysis), Processed Food Tested (Bakery & Confectionery, Meat & Meat Products, Breakfast Cereals & Snacks, Food Additives, Other Processed Food), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global GMO Testing Market
Global GMO testing market is registering a substantial CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increase in consumer concerns toward GMOs food products may propel the GMO testing market to grow. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026.
Market Definition: Global GMO Testing Market
Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO’s) are organisms that undergo modification in their DNA structure by using biotechnology instruments. The food products can be produced by using genetically modified organisms in a manner to get good quality of food product. These products are tested by various testing methods such as analytical method, qualitative method and quantitative method. The test provides the results and shows presence of GMOs. Increase in need for nutritious food products among consumer helps the market to grow in food industry.
- Need to ensure sufficient nutrition; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Evolution in farming technology is another factor which is boosting the growth of this market
- High investments in biotech R&D will also act as a market driver
- Increase in diverse GM processed food production will also enhance the market growth
- Unaffordability of tests by food manufacturers & channel members; may restrict the growth for the GMO testing market
- Lack of technical expertise is another factor restricting the growth of the GMO testing market
- Lack in proper implementation of regulations; may hamper the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global GMO Testing Market
- Herbicide Tolerance
- Insect Resistance
By Crop Tested
- Genetic Analysis
By Processed Food Testing
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Meat & Meat Products
- Breakfast Cereals & Snacks
- Food Additives
- Other Processed Food
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In November 2018, Oeko-Tex has Launched GMO Test for organic cotton. Samples are analysed using RT-PCR technology which identifies the genetically modified materials at a limit of 0.1%. This new GMO test has given the opportunity to company in order to increase their revenue because of popularity of organic cotton in recent time
- In June 2018, EnviroLogix has launched QuickScan II. QuickScan II is a next generation scanner which is useful for quantifying or detecting GMOs and mycotoxins (such as aflatoxin) in processing, feed, grain, industries. With this introduction of the product the company has increased its product portfolio as the product has enhanced features and capability for quantitative GMO and mycotoxin analysis. This has ultimately helped the company to increase their revenue generation because of increase in demand for this platform in seed, grain, animal feed, and pet food industry
Global GMO testing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of GMO testing market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global GMO testing market are Intertek Group Plc, EnviroLogix, SGS SA, Bureau Veritas, ALS Limited, Eurofins Scientific, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Mérieux NutriSciences Corporation, OMIC USA Inc., EMSL Analytical Inc., TÜV SÜD, Oeko-Tex, Amar Immunodiagnostics, DSS Imagetech, Promega Corporation, Agdia, Inc., Romer Labs Division Holding GmbH, Creative Diagnostics among others.
Research Methodology: Global GMO Testing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of Market Segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market Drivers and Restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure