Global Processed Meat Market By Type (Chilled, Frozen, Canned/Preserved), Meat Type (Poultry, Beef, Pork , Mutton), Processing Technology (Fresh Processed Meat, Raw Cooked Meat, Pre Cooked meat, Raw Fermented Sausages, Cured meat, Dries Meat), Product Type (Cured, Uncured), Distribution Channel (Hypermarket/Supermarket, Convenience/Departmental Store, Specialty Store, Horeca, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Processed Meat Market
Global processed meat market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 1712.33 billion by 2026, registering a healthy CAGR during the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to rising need of ready-to-eat and convenient food.
Market Definition: Global Processed Meat Market
Processed meats are similar to fresh meat and have been salted, cured, smoked, and fermented for preservatives. It reduces number of microorganisms and increases shelf life spam because processed meats are cooked products. Increasing consumption of meat among population is driving the demand of processed meat globally.
As processed food is rich in protein content, people started consuming more protein in their diet which enhances the demand of this market
- Rising disposable income is also driving the growth of this market
- Lack of time to cook at home due to busy schedules is also expected to drive the market growth
- Increasing pay level of the middle class consumer will also drive the growth of this market
- Due to high intake of processed meat products, s there has been increase in obesity and diabetics which can hamper the market growth
- Increasing adoption of the processed food among consumers is another factor restraining the market growth
Segmentation: Global Processed Meat Market
By Meat Type
By Processing Technology
- Fresh Processed Meat
- Raw Cooked Meat
- Pre Cooked meat
- Raw Fermented Sausages
- Cured meat
- Dries Meat
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
- Convenience/Departmental Store
- Specialty Store
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2018, Tyson Food Inc,. announced that they have acquired Keystone Foods business, a major supplier to global food industry. This acquisition will help the company to expand their presence in the market and provide more innovative products to their customers. Six processing plants in Georgia, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Pennysylvania, Kentucky, Alabama and Wisconsin are part of this acquisition
- In October 2016, BRF S.A., Brazilian player in the processed meat market announced its partnership with COFCO meats, a Chinese food company. This partnership will lead to expansion of its products portfolio around globe and will benefit BRF S.A. in formulating strategic plans, access local markets and strengthen BRF’s brand
Global processed meat market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of processed meat market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global processed meat market are Cargill, Incorporated., Tyson Foods, Inc., National Foods, Hormel Foods Corporation, Smithfield Foods, Inc., Pilgrim's, Conagra Brands, Inc., Trademark Holdings LLC, Perdue, NH Foods Ltd., BRF SA., Foster Farms., JBS, Koch Foods, Marfrig, National Beef Packing Company, LLC, Sanderson Farms, Incorporated, Danish Crown, Diamond Meat Processing LLC, Rica Cold Meats, Bemis Company, Inc., Pendale Foods, and others.
Research Methodology: Global Processed Meat Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure