Global Sequencing Reagents Market By Technology (Sanger Sequencing, NGS, Third Generation Sequencing), Type (Library Kits, Template Kits, Control Kits, Sequencing Kits, Others), Application (Oncology, Reproductive Health, Clinical Investigation, Agrigenomics & Forensics, Others), End-Use (Academic Research, Clinical Research, Hospitals & Clinics, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Sequencing Reagents Market
Global sequencing reagents market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 12.45 billion by 2026, registering a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the various innovations and advancement of techniques of sequencing.
Market Definition: Global Sequencing Reagents Market
Sequencing reagents are special compounds utilized in various research activities involving sequencing technology. These reagents work on the same principle of conventional reagents which basically focuses on causing a chemical reaction. These compounds are made of a number of different components which work in combination to provide the desired reaction in a research test.
- Diminishing costs of genetic sequencing is expected to propel the growth of the market
- Growing levels of adoption for third generation sequencing techniques; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing volume of funding activities for various research studies and other applications; this factor is expected to fuel this market growth in the forecast period
- Concerns related to social and ethical issues of sequencing methods; this factor is expected to hinder the growth of the market
- Lack of favorable policies of reimbursement along with increasing regulatory presence for next-generation sequencing techniques is also impeding this market growth
Segmentation: Global Sequencing Reagents Market
- Sanger Sequencing
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Third Generation Sequencing
- Library Kits
- Template Kits
- Control Kits
- Sequencing Kits
- Reproductive Health
- Clinical Investigation
- Agrigenomics & Forensics
- Academic Research
- Clinical Research
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Tecan Trading AG announced that they had completed the acquisition of NuGEN Technologies, Inc. which will extend the existing capabilities of Tecan’s offerings for next-generation sequencing applications by helping them provide consumers with reagents product range. NuGEN will become a part of Tecan Trading AG’s “Life Sciences” business operations
- In January 2017, Takara Bio Inc.’s subsidiary “Takara Bio USA Holdings, Inc.” announced that they had completed the acquisition of Rubicon Genomics, Inc. resulting in Rubicon becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takara Bio USA Holdings, Inc. The agreement was finalized for approximately USD 75 million. This acquisition will help in extension of products and services for sequencing while enhancing the commercialization expertise of Takara Bio for the region
Global sequencing reagents market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of sequencing reagents market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global sequencing reagents market are Illumina, Inc.; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; Merck KGaA; LGC Limited; Fluidigm Corporation; Agilent Technologies, Inc.; Oxford Nanopore Technologies; QIAGEN; BGI; Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.; Takara Bio Inc.; Avantor, Inc.; New England Biolabs; TriLink BioTechnologies; Life Technologies; BioChain Institute Inc.; FroggaBio Inc.; BioLegend, Inc.; Bioline; Tecan Trading AG among others.
Research Methodology: Global Sequencing Reagents Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global sequencing reagents market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)